St. John Mennonite Church (Pandora, Ohio, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

St. John Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite Church) one mile east and a quarter south of Pandora, Ohio, on State Highway 12, is a member of the Middle District Conference. Originally there was only one Swiss Mennonite church in the community; but as the membership increased and the community grew, more churches were built. In 1888 the St. John Mennonite Church building was erected four miles north of the Ebenezer Mennonite Church.

Before 1893 the organization of the church was rather informal and the only officers were the pastors and deacons. No regular congregational meetings were held, nor their proceedings recorded. On 2 January 1893, the congregation adopted a constitution and in October joined the General Conference. In 1956 the pastor was John P. Suderman, who took charge on 13 June 1954. The membership in 1957 was 206.


Author(s) John P Suderman
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Suderman, John P. "St. John Mennonite Church (Pandora, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 24 Nov 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=St._John_Mennonite_Church_(Pandora,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=113645.

APA style

Suderman, John P. (1959). St. John Mennonite Church (Pandora, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 November 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=St._John_Mennonite_Church_(Pandora,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=113645.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 402. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.