Jump to: navigation, search

The St. Vital Community Church in St. Vital, MB began services in 1956, and formally organized in 1959. The first building was occupied in 1956. C. W. Loewen is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through outreach by the Christian Fellowship Chapel on Osborne St.

The congregation was originally called Avalon Evangelical Mennonite Brethren. After the congregation dissolved, the building was sold to the emerging St. Vital Evangelical Mennonite Church.

The congregation dissolved about 1990. The congregation had been affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Brethren and the Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches (1987-90). The language of worship is English.

The congregation was located at 11 Avalon Rd., Winnipeg, MB. Pastor Dan Dugan served in the 1980s as a congregational leader.

[edit] Bibliography

Canadian Mennonite (20 May 1960): 15.

The Messenger (EMC) (6 July 1990): 11.

Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published September 1986

[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "St. Vital Community Church (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. September 1986. Web. 7 Oct 2015.,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=77873.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (September 1986). St. Vital Community Church (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 7 October 2015, from,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=77873.

©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.