From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][unchecked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 4: Line 4:
  
 
The church was closed in 1993; it has served the Grossweide and Stephenfield congregations for almost 100 years. The building was 2 km north and 3 km west of Stephenfield.
 
The church was closed in 1993; it has served the Grossweide and Stephenfield congregations for almost 100 years. The building was 2 km north and 3 km west of Stephenfield.
 
 
 
 
 
= Bibliography =
 
= Bibliography =
 
Peters, Jake. "An Annotated Bibliography of Materials Relating to the Sommerfelder Mennonite Church." Research paper, Canadian Mennonite Bible College, 1979. [http://www.mennonitechurch.ca/programs/archives/index.htm Mennonite Heritage Centre.]
 
Peters, Jake. "An Annotated Bibliography of Materials Relating to the Sommerfelder Mennonite Church." Research paper, Canadian Mennonite Bible College, 1979. [http://www.mennonitechurch.ca/programs/archives/index.htm Mennonite Heritage Centre.]
  
 
Bergen, Peter. <em class="gameo_bibliography">History of the Sommerfeld Mennonite Church : That is the Background and First Hundred Years of the Sommerfeld Mennonite Church.</em> Altona, MB: The Church, 2001.
 
Bergen, Peter. <em class="gameo_bibliography">History of the Sommerfeld Mennonite Church : That is the Background and First Hundred Years of the Sommerfeld Mennonite Church.</em> Altona, MB: The Church, 2001.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=December 1986|a1_last=Epp|a1_first=Marlene|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=December 1986|a1_last=Epp|a1_first=Marlene|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Revision as of 19:00, 20 August 2013

The Stephenfield Sommerfeld Mennonite congregation at Stephenfield, MB began services about 1951. The first building was occupied in 1953 when it was moved from Grosweide.

Bishop John A. Friesen served in the 1980s as a non-salaried congregational leader. The congregation has been affiliated with the Sommerfeld Mennonite Church of Manitoba. The language of worship is German and English. Two ministers were elected at Stephenfield over the years -- Bernard B. Friesen (1955) and Jacob Dyck (1976).

The church was closed in 1993; it has served the Grossweide and Stephenfield congregations for almost 100 years. The building was 2 km north and 3 km west of Stephenfield.

Bibliography

Peters, Jake. "An Annotated Bibliography of Materials Relating to the Sommerfelder Mennonite Church." Research paper, Canadian Mennonite Bible College, 1979. Mennonite Heritage Centre.

Bergen, Peter. History of the Sommerfeld Mennonite Church : That is the Background and First Hundred Years of the Sommerfeld Mennonite Church. Altona, MB: The Church, 2001.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published December 1986


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Stephenfield Sommerfeld Mennonite Church (Stephenfield, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. December 1986. Web. 3 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Stephenfield_Sommerfeld_Mennonite_Church_(Stephenfield,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=77918.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (December 1986). Stephenfield Sommerfeld Mennonite Church (Stephenfield, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 3 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Stephenfield_Sommerfeld_Mennonite_Church_(Stephenfield,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=77918.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.