From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Strasburg Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church) of Franklin County, Pennsylvania, a member of Washington County, Maryland, and Franklin County, Pennsylvania Conference, began in the early 19th century when a log meetinghouse was built, probably in 1812. A brick building was constructed at a near-by site in 1858 and rebuilt in 1903. In 1942 the United States Government claimed this area for an Ammunition Depot which necessi­tated securing another, the present, place of wor­ship which was formerly a Brethren Church. Ministers who have served the congregation include John S. Burkholder, Henry Bricker, John Lehman, John Gsell, and Harry H. Witmer, the pastor in 1957, when there were 53 members.


Author(s) Samuel L Bricker
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Bricker, Samuel L. "Strasburg Mennonite Church (Franklin County, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 20 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Strasburg_Mennonite_Church_(Franklin_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=85389.

APA style

Bricker, Samuel L. (1959). Strasburg Mennonite Church (Franklin County, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Strasburg_Mennonite_Church_(Franklin_County,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=85389.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 644. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.