Sunnyside Mennonite Church (formerly Arthur Conservative Amish Mennonite Church), located near Arthur, Illinois, was organized 23 March 1945 with a membership of eight. Samuel T. Eash (Middlebury, Indiana), Nevin Bender (Greenwood, Delaware) and Elmer G. Swartzendruber (Wellman, Iowa) were the Executive Committee of the Conservative Amish Mennonite Conference in charge of the organization. In the summer of 1945 and again in 1946 Minister Shem Peachey of Springs, Pennsylvania, had charge of the congregation; in the winter of 1945-1946 Eli Swartzentruber of Greenwood had charge, and on 21 March 1947 Levi M. Miller was ordained as minister. Bishop oversight in 1953 was under the jurisdiction of Elmer G. Swartzendruber. The membership at that time was 45.
In 2012 Larry Rocke was the minster and membership was 113.
Hershberger, Brenda. Anabaptist (Mennonite) Directory 2012-13. Harrisonburg, VA: The Sword and Trumpet, 2012: 55.
Address: 470 E County Road 675 N, Arthur, IL 61953-7534
|Author(s)||Elmer G Swartzendruber|
|Richard D. Thiessen|
|Date Published||April 2012|
Cite This Article
Swartzendruber, Elmer G and Richard D. Thiessen. "Sunnyside Mennonite Church (Arthur, Illinois, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 2012. Web. 18 Jan 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Sunnyside_Mennonite_Church_(Arthur,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=54034.
Swartzendruber, Elmer G and Richard D. Thiessen. (April 2012). Sunnyside Mennonite Church (Arthur, Illinois, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 January 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Sunnyside_Mennonite_Church_(Arthur,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=54034.
©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.