Revision as of 14:51, 23 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Sunnyside Mennonite Church, in a former suburb of Lancaster, Pennsylvania, began as a mission, initiated by David S. High. The first services were held in an abandoned dance hall with 71 from the community present. Through evangelistic sermons and home visitation the work grew until by 1957 the membership was 50, with David S. High, Witmer J. Barge, and Joseph C. Miller, Jr., as ministers.

Author(s) Ira D Landis
Date Published 1959

Cite This Article

MLA style

Landis, Ira D. "Sunnyside Mennonite Church (Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 29 Nov 2015.,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=96661.

APA style

Landis, Ira D. (1959). Sunnyside Mennonite Church (Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 29 November 2015, from,_Pennsylvania,_USA)&oldid=96661.

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 663. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.

©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.