Swiss Mennonite Church (Alsen, North Dakota, USA)

From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:53, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (talk | contribs) (CSV import - 20130816)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Swiss Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite) was organized 2 December 1904, near Starkweather, North Dakota, with Christian Kauffman in charge. About 1910, when a number of families moved, the address of the church was changed to Alsen, North Dakota. The first meetings were then held in the Town Hall. The present meetinghouse was dedicated on 13 September 1919, and is located in Alsen. This church is a member of the Northern District. The membership in 1957 was 79, with Leonard Harder as pastor.



Author(s) Daniel G Regier
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Regier, Daniel G. "Swiss Mennonite Church (Alsen, North Dakota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 16 Aug 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Swiss_Mennonite_Church_(Alsen,_North_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=68641.

APA style

Regier, Daniel G. (1959). Swiss Mennonite Church (Alsen, North Dakota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 16 August 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Swiss_Mennonite_Church_(Alsen,_North_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=68641.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 671. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.