From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Tabor Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite), located 3 miles south and 1½ miles east of Goessel, Marion County, Kansas, a member of the Western District Conference, is a sister church to Alexanderwohl Mennonite Church. The church building was dedicated on 25 October 1908. The church was organized on 21 January 1909 with 115 charter members. H. R. Voth and C. Frey were the pioneer leaders. In the fall of 1909 P. H. Richert was called as pastor and elder, serving until 1946. H. B. Schmidt was pastor 1944-1957, followed by James H. Waltner 1958-    . In 1938 the church building was enlarged. Several pastors and missionaries have gone out into mission fields. In the late 1950s the church had three Christian Endeavor societies, three sewing societies, and a Mennonite men's organization. The membership in 1956 was 422.


Author(s) Daniel S Thiesen
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Thiesen, Daniel S. "Tabor Mennonite Church (Goessel, Kansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 19 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Tabor_Mennonite_Church_(Goessel,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=77992.

APA style

Thiesen, Daniel S. (1959). Tabor Mennonite Church (Goessel, Kansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Tabor_Mennonite_Church_(Goessel,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=77992.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 681. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.