Halsey Mennonite Church is located in Halsey, Oregon. It was established in 1950 as a Mennonite Church (MC) congregation. The congregation was formerly located on 32905 Old Church Road in the neighboring city of Tangent, located several miles north of Halsey, until 2011-12, and was called Tangent Mennonite Church.
In 2014 the congregation was served by Bishop Stephen A. Zehr, Ministers Jason B. Schrock and Leland Zehr, and Deacons Gerald L. Birky and Daniel J. Weaver. The church had 151 members.
Mennonite Church Directory 2014. Harrisonburg, VA: Christian Light Publications, Inc., 2014: 143.
Schrock, Leonard and Daniel Weaver. Lengthen the Cords, Strengthen the Stakes: A History of the Tangent Mennonite Church 1950-2000. Tangent, OR: Tangent Mennonite Church History Committee, 2000.
 Additional Information
Address: 910 East 1st Street, Halsey, OR 97348
Website: Halsey Mennonite Church
|Author(s)||Richard D Thiessen|
|Date Published||March 2014|
 Cite This Article
Thiessen, Richard D. "Halsey Mennonite Church (Halsey, Oregon, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. March 2014. Web. 26 Mar 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Halsey_Mennonite_Church_(Halsey,_Oregon,_USA)&oldid=116648.
Thiessen, Richard D. (March 2014). Halsey Mennonite Church (Halsey, Oregon, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 March 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Halsey_Mennonite_Church_(Halsey,_Oregon,_USA)&oldid=116648.
©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.