Difference between revisions of "Trissels Mennonite Church (Broadway, Virginia, USA)"

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[checked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130823)
m (Text replace - "Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario," to "Harrisonburg, Virginia,")
 
(11 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
[[File:Trissels-Easter-sunrise-service.jpg|300px|thumb|right|''(Above): An Easter sunrise service; (below): Trissels Mennonite Church in
+
__TOC__
 +
[[File:Trissels-Easter-sunrise-service.jpg|300px|thumb|right|''An Easter sunrise service. Photo by Harold N. Miller. '']]
 +
[[File:TrisselsMennoniteChurch2012.jpg|300px|thumb|right|''Trissels Mennonite Church, Broadway, Virginia, 2015.<br />
 +
Photo by Elwood Yoder.<br />
 +
Source: [https://www.flickr.com/photos/mennonitearchivesofvirginia/20643640906/ Mennonite Archive of Virginia].'']]   
 +
Trissels Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located four miles (6.5 km) southwest of [[Broadway (Virginia, USA)|Broadway]], [[Rockingham County (Virginia, USA) |Rockingham County]], [[Virginia (USA)|Virginia]], is a member of the [[Virginia Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Virginia Mennonite Conference]].
  
2012. Photos by Harold N. Miller. '']]  [[File:Trissels-building.jpg|300px|thumb|right|''(Above): An Easter sunrise service; (below): Trissels Mennonite Church in
+
The congregation's roots extend to the mid-1700s when reports of rich farm land encouraged Mennonite families in [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania]] to begin moving down the Valley Turnpike into the heart of the Shenandoah Valley. They settled in close proximity to one another and gathered to worship in homes, eventually deciding to build a meetinghouse on land that included a stand of oak trees and a graveyard containing the remains of early families--including folks with the name of Trissel. This was the first meetinghouse to be built entirely by Virginians. The land was purchased in 1823 from Abraham Neff and wife Catherine for $15. Harry Brunk records that the first church was attended by [[Brenneman (Branaman, Brannaman, Brenaman, Breneman, Breniman, Brenman, Brennaman, Brennemann, Brinneman) family |Brennemans]], Drivers, Trissels, Rhodes, [[Brunk family|Brunks]], [[Showalter (Schowalter) family|Showalters]], Geils, Branners, [[Funk (Funck) family|Funks]], Beerys, and [[Shank family name|Shanks]].
 
 
2012. Photos by Harold N. Miller. '']]    Trissels Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located four miles (6.5 km) southwest of [[Broadway (Virginia, USA)|Broadway]], [[Rockingham County (Virginia, USA) |Rockingham County]], [[Virginia (USA)|Virginia]], is a member of the [[Virginia Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Virginia Mennonite Conference]].
 
 
 
The congregation's roots extend to the mid-1700s when reports of rich farm land encouraged Mennonite families in [[Pennsylvania (USA)|Pennsylvania]] to begin moving down the Valley Turnpike into the heart of the Shenandoah Valley. They settled in close proximity to one other and gathered to worship in homes, eventually deciding to build a meetinghouse on land that included a stand of oak trees and a graveyard containing the remains of early families--including folks with the name of Trissel. This was the first meetinghouse to be built entirely by Virginians. The land was purchased in 1823 from Abraham Neff and wife Catherine for $15. Harry Brunk records that the first church was attended by [[Brenneman (Branaman, Brannaman, Brenaman, Breneman, Breniman, Brenman, Brennaman, Brennemann, Brinneman) family |Brennemans]], Drivers, Trissels, Rhodes, [[Brunk family|Brunks]], [[Showalter (Schowalter) family|Showalters]], Geils, Branners, [[Funk (Funck) family|Funks]], Beerys, and [[Shank family name|Shanks]].
 
  
 
One early Mennonite who followed the route from Pennsylvania to the Shenandoah Valley was Daniel Showalter in 1788. Two of his descendants, Howard Dewitt Hercus Showalter and Mark Cephas Showalter, were instrumental in building the church community. Eight generations of Showalters were buried at Trissels at the beginning of the 21st century.
 
One early Mennonite who followed the route from Pennsylvania to the Shenandoah Valley was Daniel Showalter in 1788. Two of his descendants, Howard Dewitt Hercus Showalter and Mark Cephas Showalter, were instrumental in building the church community. Eight generations of Showalters were buried at Trissels at the beginning of the 21st century.
  
A log building, reputedly built in 1822, was enlarged in 1848. In 1900 the congregation replaced that structure with a new white frame church 40x50 ft., built on the opposite side of the cemetery. A third Trissels building was constructed of brick in 1950, along with a new parsonage. Trissels added a fellowship hall in 1964 and a new entry way in 1993.
+
A log building, reputedly built in 1822, was enlarged in 1848. In 1900 the congregation replaced that structure with a new white frame church 40x50 ft., built on the opposite side of the cemetery. A third Trissels building was constructed of brick in 1950, along with a new parsonage. Trissels added a fellowship hall in 1964 and a new entryway in 1993.
  
 
Trissels' history has featured commitment to mission outreach. Ministers like George Showalter, Perry Shank, and Joseph Geil rode a circuit route in the Highlands of [[West Virginia (USA)|West Virginia]] to bring God's message of salvation. On horseback and later by car, they witnessed and seeded churches. According to Grace Showalter, daughter of Timothy Showalter, this work became known as “Schoolhouse Evangelism.” By 1920 there were 20 such locations. Another ongoing outreach to the local Cedar Run community was Summer Bible school, first offered at Trissels in 1949.
 
Trissels' history has featured commitment to mission outreach. Ministers like George Showalter, Perry Shank, and Joseph Geil rode a circuit route in the Highlands of [[West Virginia (USA)|West Virginia]] to bring God's message of salvation. On horseback and later by car, they witnessed and seeded churches. According to Grace Showalter, daughter of Timothy Showalter, this work became known as “Schoolhouse Evangelism.” By 1920 there were 20 such locations. Another ongoing outreach to the local Cedar Run community was Summer Bible school, first offered at Trissels in 1949.
Line 19: Line 20:
 
Brunk, Harry A. <em>History of Mennonites in Virginia, 1727-1900</em>. Vol. 1. Harrisonburg, Va, 1959.
 
Brunk, Harry A. <em>History of Mennonites in Virginia, 1727-1900</em>. Vol. 1. Harrisonburg, Va, 1959.
  
<h3>Archival Records</h3> The congregation's archival records are located at the [http://virginiaconference.org/about/conference-archives/ Virginia Mennonite Conference Archives].
+
==Archival Records==
 +
The congregation's archival records are located at the [http://virginiaconference.org/about/conference-archives/ Virginia Mennonite Conference Archives].
 
= Additional Information =
 
= Additional Information =
<strong>Address</strong>: 11246 Hisers Lane, Broadway, Virginia  22815
+
'''Address''': 11246 Hisers Lane, Broadway, Virginia  22815
  
<strong>Phone</strong>: 540-896-7289
+
'''Phone''': 540-896-7289
  
<strong>Website</strong>: [http://www.trisselsmc.org/ Trissels Mennonite Church]
+
'''Website''': [http://www.trisselsmc.org/ Trissels Mennonite Church]
  
<strong>Denominational Affiliations:</strong>
+
'''Denominational Affiliations:'''
  
 
[http://www.vmconf.org/ Virginia Mennonite Conference]
 
[http://www.vmconf.org/ Virginia Mennonite Conference]
Line 33: Line 35:
 
[http://www.mennoniteusa.org/ Mennonite Church USA]
 
[http://www.mennoniteusa.org/ Mennonite Church USA]
  
<h3>Pastoral Leaders at Trissels Mennonite Church</h3> <table class="vertical listing">  <tr> <th><strong>Name</strong></th> <th><strong>Years of
+
<h3>Pastoral Leaders at Trissels Mennonite Church</h3>  
 
+
{| class="wikitable"
Service</strong></th> </tr>  <tr> <td>Henry Shank</td> <td>1784-? </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Henry Rhodes </td> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Daniel Good </td> <td>1820-?
+
|-
 
+
!'''Name'''
Bishop 1837-? </td> </tr> <tr> <td>John Shank </td> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Daniel Showalter </td> <td>1835-? </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Samuel Shank </td> <td>1846-?
+
!'''Years of Service'''
 
+
|-
Bishop 1850-? </td> </tr> <tr> <td>John Geil </td> <td>1840-?
+
|Henry Shank
 
+
|1784-? 
Bishop 1859-? </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Christian Brunk </td> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Abraham Shank </td> <td>c. 1861-?
+
|-
 
+
|Henry Rhodes 
Bishop 1875-? </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Samuel Shank II </td> <td>1864-? </td> </tr> <tr> <td>George Brunk </td> <td>1874-? </td> </tr> <tr> <td>John Geil II </td> <td>1875-? </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Lewis Shank </td> <td>1883-?
+
| 
 
+
|-
Bishop 1901-? </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Joseph Geil </td> <td>1896-? </td> </tr> <tr> <td>George B. Showalter </td> <td>1901-? </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Perry Shank </td> <td>1905-? </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Joseph Shank </td> <td>1905-? </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Abraham G. Heishman </td> <td>1911-? </td> </tr> <tr> <td>J. Hopkins Turner </td> <td>1914-? </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Lewis P. Showalter </td> <td>1922-? </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Wilmer Geil </td> <td>1922-? </td> </tr> <tr> <td>[[Mumaw, John Rudy (1904-1993)|John R. Mumaw]] </td> <td>1928-? </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Samuel A. Shank </td> <td>1928-? </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Timothy Showalter </td> <td>1932-?
+
|Daniel Good 
 
+
|1820-?<br />Bishop 1837-? 
Bishop 1943-? </td> </tr> <tr> <td>G. Paul Showalter </td> <td>1936-? </td> </tr> <tr> <td>J. Ward Shank </td> <td>1938-?
+
|-
 
+
|John Shank 
Bishop 1945-? </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Linden Wenger </td> <td>1945-?
+
| 
 
+
|-
Bishop 1959-? </td> </tr> <tr> <td>[[Stauffer, John L. (1888-1959)|John L. Stauffer]] </td> <td>1947-1952 </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Norman Derstine </td> <td>1952-1956 </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Norman Yutzy </td> <td>1956-1963
+
|Daniel Showalter 
 
+
|1835-? 
1967-1971
+
|-
 
+
|Samuel Shank 
1975-1978 </td> </tr> <tr> <td>David Augsburger </td> <td>1963-1971 </td> </tr> <tr> <td>H. Michael Shenk </td> <td>1971-1975 </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Carl Mericle </td> <td>1975-1978 </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Richard E. Martin </td> <td>1978-1981 </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Gerald E. Martin </td> <td>1981-1986 </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Don Augsburger </td> <td>1986-1989 </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Eric A. Kouns </td> <td>1989-1993 </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Paul G. Conrad </td> <td>1993-1996 </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Philip C. Kanagy </td> <td>1997-2007 </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Laban Peachey (Interim) </td> <td>2008-2009 </td> </tr> <tr> <td>Harold N. Miller </td> <td>2009- </td> </tr>  </table> <h3>Original Article from Mennonite Encyclopedia</h3> Copied by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from <em>Mennonite Encyclopedia</em>, Vol. 4, p. 749. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the [http://www.heraldpress.com/ Herald Press] website.
+
|1846-?<br />Bishop 1850-? 
 +
|-
 +
|John Geil 
 +
|1840-?<br />Bishop 1859-? 
 +
|-
 +
|Christian Brunk 
 +
| 
 +
|-
 +
|Abraham Shank 
 +
|c. 1861-?<br />Bishop 1875-? 
 +
|-
 +
|Samuel Shank II 
 +
|1864-? 
 +
|-
 +
|George Brunk 
 +
|1874-? 
 +
|-
 +
|John Geil II 
 +
|1875-? 
 +
|-
 +
|Lewis Shank 
 +
|1883-?<br />Bishop 1901-? 
 +
|-
 +
|Joseph Geil 
 +
|1896-? 
 +
|-
 +
|George B. Showalter 
 +
|1901-? 
 +
|-
 +
|Perry Shank 
 +
|1905-? 
 +
|-
 +
|Joseph Shank 
 +
|1905-? 
 +
|-
 +
|Abraham G. Heishman 
 +
|1911-? 
 +
|-
 +
|J. Hopkins Turner 
 +
|1914-? 
 +
|-
 +
|Lewis P. Showalter 
 +
|1922-? 
 +
|-
 +
|Wilmer Geil 
 +
|1922-? 
 +
|-
 +
|[[Mumaw, John Rudy (1904-1993)|John R. Mumaw]] 
 +
|1928-? 
 +
|-
 +
|Samuel A. Shank 
 +
|1928-? 
 +
|-
 +
|Timothy Showalter 
 +
|1932-?<br />Bishop 1943-? 
 +
|-
 +
|G. Paul Showalter 
 +
|1936-? 
 +
|-
 +
|J. Ward Shank 
 +
|1938-?<br />Bishop 1945-? 
 +
|-
 +
|Linden Wenger 
 +
|1945-?<br />Bishop 1959-? 
 +
|-
 +
|[[Stauffer, John L. (1888-1959)|John L. Stauffer]] 
 +
|1947-1952 
 +
|-
 +
|Norman Derstine 
 +
|1952-1956 
 +
|-
 +
|Norman Yutzy 
 +
|1956-1963<br />1967-1971<br />1975-1978 
 +
|-
 +
|David Augsburger 
 +
|1963-1971 
 +
|-
 +
|H. Michael Shenk 
 +
|1971-1975 
 +
|-
 +
|Carl Mericle 
 +
|1975-1978 
 +
|-
 +
|Richard E. Martin 
 +
|1978-1981 
 +
|-
 +
|Gerald E. Martin 
 +
|1981-1986 
 +
|-
 +
|Don Augsburger 
 +
|1986-1989 
 +
|-
 +
|Eric A. Kouns 
 +
|1989-1993 
 +
|-
 +
|Paul G. Conrad 
 +
|1993-1996 
 +
|-
 +
|Philip C. Kanagy 
 +
|1997-2007 
 +
|-
 +
|Laban Peachey (Interim) 
 +
|2008-2009 
 +
|-
 +
|Harold N. Miller 
 +
|2009- 
 +
|}
 +
==Original Article from Mennonite Encyclopedia==
 +
Copied by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from <em>Mennonite Encyclopedia</em>, Vol. 4, p. 749. All rights reserved.
  
 
Trissels Mennonite Church ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]] USA), four miles southwest of [[Broadway (Virginia, USA)|Broadway]], Rockingham County, [[Virginia (USA)|Virginia]], is a member of the [[Virginia Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Virginia Mennonite Conference]]. This perhaps was the location of the first Mennonite meetinghouse built in Virginia. The first building, of logs, was built in 1822, and enlarged in 1848. In 1900 it was replaced by a new frame church 40 x 50 ft., built on the opposite side of the [[Cemeteries|cemetery]]. The third church was built of brick in 1950. Since January 1948 Sunday school and preaching services have been held every Sunday. The first ministers serving this church were Henry Rhodes, Henry Shank, and John Geil. The membership in 1957 was 123, with Norman Yutzy, a licensed minister, as pastor. -- Timothy Showalter.
 
Trissels Mennonite Church ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]] USA), four miles southwest of [[Broadway (Virginia, USA)|Broadway]], Rockingham County, [[Virginia (USA)|Virginia]], is a member of the [[Virginia Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Virginia Mennonite Conference]]. This perhaps was the location of the first Mennonite meetinghouse built in Virginia. The first building, of logs, was built in 1822, and enlarged in 1848. In 1900 it was replaced by a new frame church 40 x 50 ft., built on the opposite side of the [[Cemeteries|cemetery]]. The third church was built of brick in 1950. Since January 1948 Sunday school and preaching services have been held every Sunday. The first ministers serving this church were Henry Rhodes, Henry Shank, and John Geil. The membership in 1957 was 123, with Norman Yutzy, a licensed minister, as pastor. -- Timothy Showalter.
Line 62: Line 172:
 
[[Map:Trissels Mennonite Church (Broadway, Virginia)|Map:Trissels Mennonite Church (Broadway, Virginia)]]
 
[[Map:Trissels Mennonite Church (Broadway, Virginia)|Map:Trissels Mennonite Church (Broadway, Virginia)]]
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=July 2013|a1_last=Showalter|a1_first=Eunice|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=July 2013|a1_last=Showalter|a1_first=Eunice|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 +
[[Category:Churches]]
 +
[[Category:Virginia Mennonite Conference Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Mennonite Church (MC) Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Mennonite Church USA Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Virginia Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:United States Congregations]]

Latest revision as of 12:00, 14 January 2017

An Easter sunrise service. Photo by Harold N. Miller. 
Trissels Mennonite Church, Broadway, Virginia, 2015.
Photo by Elwood Yoder.
Source: Mennonite Archive of Virginia.

Trissels Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located four miles (6.5 km) southwest of Broadway, Rockingham CountyVirginia, is a member of the Virginia Mennonite Conference.

The congregation's roots extend to the mid-1700s when reports of rich farm land encouraged Mennonite families in Pennsylvania to begin moving down the Valley Turnpike into the heart of the Shenandoah Valley. They settled in close proximity to one another and gathered to worship in homes, eventually deciding to build a meetinghouse on land that included a stand of oak trees and a graveyard containing the remains of early families--including folks with the name of Trissel. This was the first meetinghouse to be built entirely by Virginians. The land was purchased in 1823 from Abraham Neff and wife Catherine for $15. Harry Brunk records that the first church was attended by Brennemans, Drivers, Trissels, Rhodes, Brunks, Showalters, Geils, Branners, Funks, Beerys, and Shanks.

One early Mennonite who followed the route from Pennsylvania to the Shenandoah Valley was Daniel Showalter in 1788. Two of his descendants, Howard Dewitt Hercus Showalter and Mark Cephas Showalter, were instrumental in building the church community. Eight generations of Showalters were buried at Trissels at the beginning of the 21st century.

A log building, reputedly built in 1822, was enlarged in 1848. In 1900 the congregation replaced that structure with a new white frame church 40x50 ft., built on the opposite side of the cemetery. A third Trissels building was constructed of brick in 1950, along with a new parsonage. Trissels added a fellowship hall in 1964 and a new entryway in 1993.

Trissels' history has featured commitment to mission outreach. Ministers like George Showalter, Perry Shank, and Joseph Geil rode a circuit route in the Highlands of West Virginia to bring God's message of salvation. On horseback and later by car, they witnessed and seeded churches. According to Grace Showalter, daughter of Timothy Showalter, this work became known as “Schoolhouse Evangelism.” By 1920 there were 20 such locations. Another ongoing outreach to the local Cedar Run community was Summer Bible school, first offered at Trissels in 1949.

In 2012 worship services were held every Sunday morning at 10:30 with Sunday school at 9:30. Membership was 112. Trissels Mennonite Women met on the second Wednesday of every month for quilting and sewing projects. Several adult small groups have met regularly, as well as middle school, senior high and young adult groups. Recent congregational leaders included council chairs Chris Burkholder and Kent Kauffman, and elders Tim C. Mumbauer, Jewel Yutzy, and Duane Showalter.

The congregation's commitment is to know Christ and to make Him known, learning to let God's healing and hope flow through them to the world.

Bibliography

Brunk, Harry A. History of Mennonites in Virginia, 1727-1900. Vol. 1. Harrisonburg, Va, 1959.

Archival Records

The congregation's archival records are located at the Virginia Mennonite Conference Archives.

Additional Information

Address: 11246 Hisers Lane, Broadway, Virginia  22815

Phone: 540-896-7289

WebsiteTrissels Mennonite Church

Denominational Affiliations:

Virginia Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA

Pastoral Leaders at Trissels Mennonite Church

Name Years of Service
Henry Shank 1784-? 
Henry Rhodes   
Daniel Good  1820-?
Bishop 1837-? 
John Shank   
Daniel Showalter  1835-? 
Samuel Shank  1846-?
Bishop 1850-? 
John Geil  1840-?
Bishop 1859-? 
Christian Brunk   
Abraham Shank  c. 1861-?
Bishop 1875-? 
Samuel Shank II  1864-? 
George Brunk  1874-? 
John Geil II  1875-? 
Lewis Shank  1883-?
Bishop 1901-? 
Joseph Geil  1896-? 
George B. Showalter  1901-? 
Perry Shank  1905-? 
Joseph Shank  1905-? 
Abraham G. Heishman  1911-? 
J. Hopkins Turner  1914-? 
Lewis P. Showalter  1922-? 
Wilmer Geil  1922-? 
John R. Mumaw  1928-? 
Samuel A. Shank  1928-? 
Timothy Showalter  1932-?
Bishop 1943-? 
G. Paul Showalter  1936-? 
J. Ward Shank  1938-?
Bishop 1945-? 
Linden Wenger  1945-?
Bishop 1959-? 
John L. Stauffer  1947-1952 
Norman Derstine  1952-1956 
Norman Yutzy  1956-1963
1967-1971
1975-1978 
David Augsburger  1963-1971 
H. Michael Shenk  1971-1975 
Carl Mericle  1975-1978 
Richard E. Martin  1978-1981 
Gerald E. Martin  1981-1986 
Don Augsburger  1986-1989 
Eric A. Kouns  1989-1993 
Paul G. Conrad  1993-1996 
Philip C. Kanagy  1997-2007 
Laban Peachey (Interim)  2008-2009 
Harold N. Miller  2009- 

Original Article from Mennonite Encyclopedia

Copied by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 749. All rights reserved.

Trissels Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), four miles southwest of Broadway, Rockingham County, Virginia, is a member of the Virginia Mennonite Conference. This perhaps was the location of the first Mennonite meetinghouse built in Virginia. The first building, of logs, was built in 1822, and enlarged in 1848. In 1900 it was replaced by a new frame church 40 x 50 ft., built on the opposite side of the cemetery. The third church was built of brick in 1950. Since January 1948 Sunday school and preaching services have been held every Sunday. The first ministers serving this church were Henry Rhodes, Henry Shank, and John Geil. The membership in 1957 was 123, with Norman Yutzy, a licensed minister, as pastor. -- Timothy Showalter.

Maps

Map:Trissels Mennonite Church (Broadway, Virginia)


Author(s) Eunice Showalter
Date Published July 2013


Cite This Article

MLA style

Showalter, Eunice. "Trissels Mennonite Church (Broadway, Virginia, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. July 2013. Web. 22 Nov 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Trissels_Mennonite_Church_(Broadway,_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=143184.

APA style

Showalter, Eunice. (July 2013). Trissels Mennonite Church (Broadway, Virginia, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 November 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Trissels_Mennonite_Church_(Broadway,_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=143184.




©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.