United Mennonite Home (Vineland, Ontario, Canada)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

United Mennonite Home (formerly United Mennonite Home for the Aged), (General Conference Mennonite [GCM]), Vineland, Ontario, was founded 1 September 1955, and originally served the United Mennonite churches (GCM) of the Niagara, St. Catharines, Vineland, Waterloo-Kitchener, and Toronto areas. It was financed by gifts and charity collections. During the late 1950s its controlling board was chosen by the constituent churches. In 1958 the home had 47 guests, with John P. Penner as superintendent.

Additional Information

Web site: http://www.umh.ca/


Author(s) John P Penner
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Penner, John P. "United Mennonite Home (Vineland, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 19 Jun 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=United_Mennonite_Home_(Vineland,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=78399.

APA style

Penner, John P. (1959). United Mennonite Home (Vineland, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=United_Mennonite_Home_(Vineland,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=78399.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 774. All rights reserved.


©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.