Unser Blatt, a four-page semimonthly 8 x 11½ in. (since December 1949, monthly of variable size), published by the Mennonite Central Committee through its Gronau (Westphalia), Germany, refugee service headquarters, specifically for the refugees from Russia (and West Prussia) temporarily in Germany en route to North and South America. The first issue was dated 8 October 1947, the last 15 June 1950, when it was merged with Der Mennonit. After 15 November 1949, the appearance and size were irregular; only nine numbers were issued, but several were double numbers. It was named after the Unser Blatt published by the Mennonites in South Russia 1925-28. The editor throughout was Siegfried Janzen. The journal was distributed free to refugees, with a circulation of about 1,000. It contained much valuable historical and statistical material on the refugees in Germany, but also several good historical articles on Mennonites in Russia and Poland and numerous illustrations. (Complete file in Mennonite Historical Library, Goshen, Indiana.)
|Author(s)||Harold S Bender|
Cite This Article
Bender, Harold S. "Unser Blatt (1947-1950) (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 7 Mar 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Unser_Blatt_(1947-1950)_(Periodical)&oldid=61617.
Bender, Harold S. (1959). Unser Blatt (1947-1950) (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 7 March 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Unser_Blatt_(1947-1950)_(Periodical)&oldid=61617.
Herald Press website.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.