The Valleyview Mennonite congregation in London, Ontario began services in 1953, and formally organized in 1962. The first building was occupied in 1953, with a subsequent building program in 1963. Alvin Roth and Ralph Lebold are considered the founding leaders of the group. The congregation originated through outreach by Nairn Mennonite Church, the Western Ontario Mennonite Conference and the Mennonite Conference of Ontario. The church was an outgrowth of the Goodwill Rescue Mission established in London by Nairn Mennonite in the early 1950s. Services began with Sunday School. Previously known as Forest City Mennonite Mission and King St. Mennonite Church (1953-62).
Mennonite Reporter (27 October 1980): 12.
Adams, John. "Ministry to Community: the Mennonite Church in London, Ontario, 1953-1970." Research paper, Associated Mennonite Biblical Seminaries, 1970, 68 pp.
Mennonites in Canada collection, "50-London," Mennonite Archives of Ontario.
Records as Mennonite Archives of Ontario.
Address: 1170 Melsandra Ave., London, ON, N5Y 4N9.
Phone: (519) 438-1705.
Western Ontario Mennonite Conference, 1953-1988
Mennonite Church (MC), 1953-1999
Valleyview Mennonite Church Pastoral Leaders
|Doris Weber (Interim)||1992|
|Gordon Scoville (Interim)||2006-2007|
|Kendall Jongejan Harder||2007-Present|
|Charleen Jongejan Harder||2007-Present|
Valleyview Mennonite Church Membership
In 1965 there were 44 members; in 1975, 121; in 1985, 119; in 1995, 117; in 2000, 120; in 2003, 175.
|Date Published||January 1989|
Cite This Article
Epp, Marlene. "Valleyview Mennonite Church (London, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 1989. Web. 31 Aug 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Valleyview_Mennonite_Church_(London,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=105298.
Epp, Marlene. (January 1989). Valleyview Mennonite Church (London, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 31 August 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Valleyview_Mennonite_Church_(London,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=105298.
©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.