From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser /> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->Vaughans Schoolhouse Mennonite Church ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]) was a rural mission under the [[Virginia Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Virginia Mennonite Conference]], located 3 miles west of Lost River, a post office in Hardy County, [[West Virginia (USA)|West Virginia]]. Services were held here for a number of years, probably 1875-1925. In the late 1950s services were held twice a month in a Brethren church near by. This congregation was a part of the [[Salem Mennonite Church (Baker, West Virginia, USA) |Salem congregation]], which is located three miles to the north.
 
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser /> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->Vaughans Schoolhouse Mennonite Church ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]) was a rural mission under the [[Virginia Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Virginia Mennonite Conference]], located 3 miles west of Lost River, a post office in Hardy County, [[West Virginia (USA)|West Virginia]]. Services were held here for a number of years, probably 1875-1925. In the late 1950s services were held twice a month in a Brethren church near by. This congregation was a part of the [[Salem Mennonite Church (Baker, West Virginia, USA) |Salem congregation]], which is located three miles to the north.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 799|date=1959|a1_last=Showalter|a1_first=Timothy|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 799|date=1959|a1_last=Showalter|a1_first=Timothy|a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Latest revision as of 19:36, 20 August 2013

Vaughans Schoolhouse Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church) was a rural mission under the Virginia Mennonite Conference, located 3 miles west of Lost River, a post office in Hardy County, West Virginia. Services were held here for a number of years, probably 1875-1925. In the late 1950s services were held twice a month in a Brethren church near by. This congregation was a part of the Salem congregation, which is located three miles to the north.


Author(s) Timothy Showalter
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Showalter, Timothy. "Vaughans Schoolhouse Mennonite Church (Lost River, West Virginia, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 2 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Vaughans_Schoolhouse_Mennonite_Church_(Lost_River,_West_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=85662.

APA style

Showalter, Timothy. (1959). Vaughans Schoolhouse Mennonite Church (Lost River, West Virginia, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 2 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Vaughans_Schoolhouse_Mennonite_Church_(Lost_River,_West_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=85662.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 799. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.