Difference between revisions of "Village Chapel Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Mission (Orange Cove, California, USA)"

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[checked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130820)
m
 
Line 1: Line 1:
Village Chapel [[Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches|Evangelical Mennonite Brethren]] Mission, unorganized in the late 1950s, was opened in Orange Cove, [[California (USA)|California]], with 16 Sunday-school pupils on 22 July 1945. The city then had a population of 2,500. As the  population increased to 5,000, attendance increased to 98. Gerhardt T. Thiessen served two years as pastor. In 1949 the population of the town began to decline, and the attendance at the mission with it. In all about 150 professed conversion, but because of constant migration only five were baptized. Leonard
+
Village Chapel [[Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches|Evangelical Mennonite Brethren]] Mission, unorganized in the late 1950s, was opened in Orange Cove, [[California (USA)|California]], with 16 Sunday-school pupils on 22 July 1945. The city then had a population of 2,500. As the  population increased to 5,000, attendance increased to 98. Gerhardt T. Thiessen served two years as pastor. In 1949 the population of the town began to decline, and the attendance at the mission with it. In all about 150 professed conversion, but because of constant migration only five were baptized. Leonard Wiebe was the pastor in 1955.
 
 
Wiebe was the pastor in 1955.
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 827|date=1959|a1_last=Thiessen|a1_first=Gerhardt T|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 827|date=1959|a1_last=Thiessen|a1_first=Gerhardt T|a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Latest revision as of 17:39, 24 February 2016

Village Chapel Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Mission, unorganized in the late 1950s, was opened in Orange Cove, California, with 16 Sunday-school pupils on 22 July 1945. The city then had a population of 2,500. As the  population increased to 5,000, attendance increased to 98. Gerhardt T. Thiessen served two years as pastor. In 1949 the population of the town began to decline, and the attendance at the mission with it. In all about 150 professed conversion, but because of constant migration only five were baptized. Leonard Wiebe was the pastor in 1955.


Author(s) Gerhardt T Thiessen
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Thiessen, Gerhardt T. "Village Chapel Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Mission (Orange Cove, California, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 22 Oct 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Village_Chapel_Evangelical_Mennonite_Brethren_Mission_(Orange_Cove,_California,_USA)&oldid=133671.

APA style

Thiessen, Gerhardt T. (1959). Village Chapel Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Mission (Orange Cove, California, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 October 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Village_Chapel_Evangelical_Mennonite_Brethren_Mission_(Orange_Cove,_California,_USA)&oldid=133671.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 827. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.