From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:36, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Village Chapel Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Mission, unorganized in the late 1950s, was opened in Orange Cove, California, with 16 Sunday-school pupils on 22 July 1945. The city then had a population of 2,500. As the  population increased to 5,000, attendance increased to 98. Gerhardt T. Thiessen served two years as pastor. In 1949 the population of the town began to decline, and the attendance at the mission with it. In all about 150 professed conversion, but because of constant migration only five were baptized. Leonard

Wiebe was the pastor in 1955.


Author(s) Gerhardt T Thiessen
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Thiessen, Gerhardt T. "Village Chapel Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Mission (Orange Cove, California, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 26 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Village_Chapel_Evangelical_Mennonite_Brethren_Mission_(Orange_Cove,_California,_USA)&oldid=85770.

APA style

Thiessen, Gerhardt T. (1959). Village Chapel Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Mission (Orange Cove, California, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Village_Chapel_Evangelical_Mennonite_Brethren_Mission_(Orange_Cove,_California,_USA)&oldid=85770.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 827. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.