From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Würzburg-Giebelstadt, a Mennonite congregation with a meeting place in the city of [[Würzburg (Freistaat Bayern, Germany)|Würzburg]] (1939 population, 107,915; 2007 population, 134,225) in northern [[Bayern Federal State (Germany)|Bavaria]], and until 1955 having a subsidiary meeting place in the town of [[Giebelstadt (Freistaat Bayern, Germany)|Giebelstadt]] about 7 miles south of Würzburg. In 1957 it had 75 baptized members, with Johannes Schmutz as elder (1933) and Ulrich Hirschler as preacher. Before 1950 the congregation was called Giebelstadt-Würzburg. The meetings in Würzburg were begun ca. 1927, and the congregation was really the Giebelstadt congregation which had its organized beginning in 1810 as the Rottenbauer congregation.
 
Würzburg-Giebelstadt, a Mennonite congregation with a meeting place in the city of [[Würzburg (Freistaat Bayern, Germany)|Würzburg]] (1939 population, 107,915; 2007 population, 134,225) in northern [[Bayern Federal State (Germany)|Bavaria]], and until 1955 having a subsidiary meeting place in the town of [[Giebelstadt (Freistaat Bayern, Germany)|Giebelstadt]] about 7 miles south of Würzburg. In 1957 it had 75 baptized members, with Johannes Schmutz as elder (1933) and Ulrich Hirschler as preacher. Before 1950 the congregation was called Giebelstadt-Würzburg. The meetings in Würzburg were begun ca. 1927, and the congregation was really the Giebelstadt congregation which had its organized beginning in 1810 as the Rottenbauer congregation.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 997|date=1959|a1_last=Bender|a1_first=Harold S|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 997|date=1959|a1_last=Bender|a1_first=Harold S|a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Latest revision as of 19:38, 20 August 2013

Würzburg-Giebelstadt, a Mennonite congregation with a meeting place in the city of Würzburg (1939 population, 107,915; 2007 population, 134,225) in northern Bavaria, and until 1955 having a subsidiary meeting place in the town of Giebelstadt about 7 miles south of Würzburg. In 1957 it had 75 baptized members, with Johannes Schmutz as elder (1933) and Ulrich Hirschler as preacher. Before 1950 the congregation was called Giebelstadt-Würzburg. The meetings in Würzburg were begun ca. 1927, and the congregation was really the Giebelstadt congregation which had its organized beginning in 1810 as the Rottenbauer congregation.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Würzburg-Giebelstadt (Freistaat Bayern, Germany)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 1 Oct 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=W%C3%BCrzburg-Giebelstadt_(Freistaat_Bayern,_Germany)&oldid=86279.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). Würzburg-Giebelstadt (Freistaat Bayern, Germany). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 1 October 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=W%C3%BCrzburg-Giebelstadt_(Freistaat_Bayern,_Germany)&oldid=86279.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 997. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.