Difference between revisions of "Warren Street Mennonite Church (Middlebury, Indiana, USA)"

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
Warren Street Mennonite Church ([[General Conference Mennonite Church (GCM)|General Conference Mennonite]]), located in [[Middlebury (Indiana, USA)|Middlebury]], [[Indiana (USA)|Indiana]], a member of the [[Central Conference Mennonite Church|Central Conference of Mennonites]], had its origin in 1923, when Simon S. Yoder, a minister, withdrew from the [[Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference]] (Mennonite Church), taking about 100 members with him. The congregation remained independent of any conference affiliation until 1926, when it was received into the fellowship of the Central Conference of Mennonites. In 1957 the membership was 59, with Elmer A. Wall as minister. For a meetinghouse the congregation in 1923 bought from the town the former "opera house" and remodeled it.
+
Warren Street Mennonite Church ([[General Conference Mennonite Church (GCM)|General Conference Mennonite]]), located in [[Middlebury (Indiana, USA)|Middlebury]], [[Indiana (USA)|Indiana]], a member of the [[Central Conference Mennonite Church|Central Conference of Mennonites]], had its origin in 1923, when Simon S. Yoder, a minister, withdrew from the [[Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference]] (Mennonite Church), taking about 100 members with him. The congregation remained independent of any conference affiliation until 1926, when it was received into the fellowship of the Central Conference of Mennonites. In 1957 the membership was 59, with Elmer A. Wall as minister. For a meetinghouse the congregation in 1923 bought from the town the former "opera house" and remodeled it.
 
 
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 891|date=1959|a1_last=Wenger|a1_first=John C|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 891|date=1959|a1_last=Wenger|a1_first=John C|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Latest revision as of 19:04, 20 August 2013

Warren Street Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite), located in Middlebury, Indiana, a member of the Central Conference of Mennonites, had its origin in 1923, when Simon S. Yoder, a minister, withdrew from the Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church), taking about 100 members with him. The congregation remained independent of any conference affiliation until 1926, when it was received into the fellowship of the Central Conference of Mennonites. In 1957 the membership was 59, with Elmer A. Wall as minister. For a meetinghouse the congregation in 1923 bought from the town the former "opera house" and remodeled it.


Author(s) John C Wenger
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Wenger, John C. "Warren Street Mennonite Church (Middlebury, Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 16 Oct 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Warren_Street_Mennonite_Church_(Middlebury,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=78624.

APA style

Wenger, John C. (1959). Warren Street Mennonite Church (Middlebury, Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 16 October 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Warren_Street_Mennonite_Church_(Middlebury,_Indiana,_USA)&oldid=78624.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 891. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.