Revision as of 19:04, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Warwick County was incorporated as the City of Warwick in 1953, and in 1958 the city of Warwick and Newport News consolidated to become Newport News. The city of Warwick had a population of nearly 40,000 in 1956. It is located on the southwestern shore of the Virginia peninsula along the James River. Two Mennonite churches, the Warwick River Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church) and the Providence Amish Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), with a total membership of 371 in the late 1950s, are located within its limits. The first Mennonite settlers came to this area in 1897.

See Denbigh

Author(s) C. Norman Krause
Date Published 1959

Cite This Article

MLA style

Krause, C. Norman. "Warwick (Virginia, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 27 Oct 2016.,_USA)&oldid=78628.

APA style

Krause, C. Norman. (1959). Warwick (Virginia, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 27 October 2016, from,_USA)&oldid=78628.

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 891. All rights reserved.

©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.