From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

The Washington Center Mennonite Church (Central Conference), now extinct, located near Ashley, Michigan, some 25 miles (40 km) north of Lansing, was organized in 1924 by a number of families which had moved into the area from Pekin, Illinois, in the early 1920s, together with three families from the Ashley Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church [MC]) congregation. The group bought a church in 1924. It never had a minister and never reached more than 27 in membership. In 1933 the group dissolved, some members returning to the Mennonite Church congregation.


Author(s) Harold S Bender
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Bender, Harold S. "Washington Center Mennonite Church (Ashley, Michigan, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 26 Aug 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Washington_Center_Mennonite_Church_(Ashley,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=134962.

APA style

Bender, Harold S. (1959). Washington Center Mennonite Church (Ashley, Michigan, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 August 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Washington_Center_Mennonite_Church_(Ashley,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=134962.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1134. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.