From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:20, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search
Wayland Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite), a member of the Middle District, is largely an out growth of the Eicher Emmanuel Mennonite Church near Wayland. The present wood structure, dedicated in 1900, was enlarged in 1911 to seat about 250. The church was organized with 56 charter members on 8 March 1900, with Peter E. Stuckey as the first pastor. Loris A. Habegger has been the pastor since 5 June 1954. The membership in 1957 was 345. The members are largely of Swiss, Alsatian, and French background, but have intermarried with other ethnic groups. Secret orders and military participation are no longer a deterrent to membership.

Location: 104 - 2nd St., Wayland, IA; Mailing address: PO Box 67, Wayland, IA 52654; Phone: (319) 256-2743.



Author(s) Loris A Habegger
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Habegger, Loris A. "Wayland Mennonite Church (Wayland, Iowa, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 16 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Wayland_Mennonite_Church_(Wayland,_Iowa,_USA)&oldid=61856.

APA style

Habegger, Loris A. (1959). Wayland Mennonite Church (Wayland, Iowa, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 16 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Wayland_Mennonite_Church_(Wayland,_Iowa,_USA)&oldid=61856.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 90. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.