From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[checked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
(One intermediate revision by one user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
The Wellesley Township Mennonite congregation near St. Clements, ON began services in 1865. The congregation originated through colonization from Woolwich, Waterloo, and Wilmot Townships. The Conference provided preaching services every four weeks.
+
The Wellesley Township Mennonite congregation near St. Clements, [[Ontario (Canada)|Ontario]] began services in 1865. The congregation originated through colonization from Woolwich, Waterloo, and Wilmot Townships. The Conference provided preaching services every four weeks.
  
The congregation was located 3 km east of Crosshill on Waterloo Regional Rd. 15; it met in the Harris school. The congregation dissolved in 1885. It had been affiliated with the Mennonite Conference of Ontario. The language of worship was German.
+
The congregation was located 3 km east of Crosshill on Waterloo Regional Rd. 15; it met in the Harris school. The congregation dissolved in 1885. It had been affiliated with the [[Mennonite Conference of Ontario and Quebec|Mennonite Conference of Ontario]]. The language of worship was German.
 
= Bibliography =
 
= Bibliography =
 
Burkholder, L. J. <em class="gameo_bibliography">A Brief History of the Mennonites in Ontario. </em> Kitchener, ON: Mennonite Conference on Ontario, 1935: 106.
 
Burkholder, L. J. <em class="gameo_bibliography">A Brief History of the Mennonites in Ontario. </em> Kitchener, ON: Mennonite Conference on Ontario, 1935: 106.
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=January 1989|a1_last=Fretz|a1_first=Joseph C.|a2_last=Epp|a2_first=Marlene}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=January 1989|a1_last=Fretz|a1_first=Joseph C.|a2_last=Epp|a2_first=Marlene}}
 +
[[Category:Churches]]
 +
[[Category:Mennonite Church (MC) Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Mennonite Conference of Ontario and Quebec Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Ontario Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Canadian Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Extinct Congregations]]

Latest revision as of 14:55, 26 February 2014

The Wellesley Township Mennonite congregation near St. Clements, Ontario began services in 1865. The congregation originated through colonization from Woolwich, Waterloo, and Wilmot Townships. The Conference provided preaching services every four weeks.

The congregation was located 3 km east of Crosshill on Waterloo Regional Rd. 15; it met in the Harris school. The congregation dissolved in 1885. It had been affiliated with the Mennonite Conference of Ontario. The language of worship was German.

[edit] Bibliography

Burkholder, L. J. A Brief History of the Mennonites in Ontario.  Kitchener, ON: Mennonite Conference on Ontario, 1935: 106.


Author(s) Joseph C. Fretz
Marlene Epp
Date Published January 1989


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Fretz, Joseph C. and Marlene Epp. "Wellesley Township Mennonite Church (St. Clements, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 1989. Web. 20 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Wellesley_Township_Mennonite_Church_(St._Clements,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=114232.

APA style

Fretz, Joseph C. and Marlene Epp. (January 1989). Wellesley Township Mennonite Church (St. Clements, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 December 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Wellesley_Township_Mennonite_Church_(St._Clements,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=114232.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.