From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[checked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130820)
m (Added hyperlinks and categories.)
Line 1: Line 1:
The Wellesley Township Mennonite congregation near St. Clements, ON began services in 1865. The congregation originated through colonization from Woolwich, Waterloo, and Wilmot Townships. The Conference provided preaching services every four weeks.
+
The Wellesley Township Mennonite congregation near St. Clements, [[Ontario (Canada)|Ontario]] began services in 1865. The congregation originated through colonization from Woolwich, Waterloo, and Wilmot Townships. The Conference provided preaching services every four weeks.
  
The congregation was located 3 km east of Crosshill on Waterloo Regional Rd. 15; it met in the Harris school. The congregation dissolved in 1885. It had been affiliated with the Mennonite Conference of Ontario. The language of worship was German.
+
The congregation was located 3 km east of Crosshill on Waterloo Regional Rd. 15; it met in the Harris school. The congregation dissolved in 1885. It had been affiliated with the [[Mennonite Conference of Ontario and Quebec|Mennonite Conference of Ontario]]. The language of worship was German.
 
= Bibliography =
 
= Bibliography =
 
Burkholder, L. J. <em class="gameo_bibliography">A Brief History of the Mennonites in Ontario. </em> Kitchener, ON: Mennonite Conference on Ontario, 1935: 106.
 
Burkholder, L. J. <em class="gameo_bibliography">A Brief History of the Mennonites in Ontario. </em> Kitchener, ON: Mennonite Conference on Ontario, 1935: 106.
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=January 1989|a1_last=Fretz|a1_first=Joseph C.|a2_last=Epp|a2_first=Marlene}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=January 1989|a1_last=Fretz|a1_first=Joseph C.|a2_last=Epp|a2_first=Marlene}}
 +
[[Category:Churches]]
 +
[[Category:Mennonite Conference of Ontario and Quebec Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Ontario Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Canadian Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Extinct Congregations]]

Revision as of 07:18, 22 February 2014

The Wellesley Township Mennonite congregation near St. Clements, Ontario began services in 1865. The congregation originated through colonization from Woolwich, Waterloo, and Wilmot Townships. The Conference provided preaching services every four weeks.

The congregation was located 3 km east of Crosshill on Waterloo Regional Rd. 15; it met in the Harris school. The congregation dissolved in 1885. It had been affiliated with the Mennonite Conference of Ontario. The language of worship was German.

Bibliography

Burkholder, L. J. A Brief History of the Mennonites in Ontario.  Kitchener, ON: Mennonite Conference on Ontario, 1935: 106.


Author(s) Joseph C. Fretz
Marlene Epp
Date Published January 1989


Cite This Article

MLA style

Fretz, Joseph C. and Marlene Epp. "Wellesley Township Mennonite Church (St. Clements, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 1989. Web. 26 May 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Wellesley_Township_Mennonite_Church_(St._Clements,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=114016.

APA style

Fretz, Joseph C. and Marlene Epp. (January 1989). Wellesley Township Mennonite Church (St. Clements, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 May 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Wellesley_Township_Mennonite_Church_(St._Clements,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=114016.




©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.