From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:04, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)


Jump to: navigation, search

Wellman Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), formerly called the Daytonville Mission, located in Wellman, Iowa, a member of the Iowa-Nebraska Mennonite Conference, began in 1906 as a Sunday school in Daytonville School-house conducted by members of West Union congregation. The meetinghouse was acquired in 1911. W. S. Guengerich was first resident minister, ordained in 1925, followed by Edward Diener in 1926. The congregation was organized 6 May 1935. A new church with seating capacity of 650 at the north edge of Wellman was dedicated 10 November 1940. The ministers in 1957 were George S. Miller and J. Max Yoder; the bishop was Simon Gingerich. The membership was 335.


Author(s) George S Miller
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Miller, George S. "Wellman Mennonite Church (Wellman, Iowa, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 1 Sep 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Wellman_Mennonite_Church_(Wellman,_Iowa,_USA)&oldid=78732.

APA style

Miller, George S. (1959). Wellman Mennonite Church (Wellman, Iowa, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 1 September 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Wellman_Mennonite_Church_(Wellman,_Iowa,_USA)&oldid=78732.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, pp. 914-915. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.