From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Wichita Mennonite Brethren Church, ca. 1947-1952.
Creator: Henry J. Wiens (1885-1975)
Digitized by Hiebert Library. Center for Mennonite Brethren Studies
.

Wichita First Mennonite Brethren Church, a member of the Southern District Conference, had its beginning in 1942. A church at 1702 West Second Street was purchased and on 16 May 1943, the congregation was organized with 19 charter members, mainly from the Mennonite Brethren and Krimmer Mennonite Brethren con­ferences. In 1958 the membership was 96. In addi­tion to considerable renovating and remodeling of the church, a new parsonage was built in 1950. In 1958 plans were in progress for the construction of a church in another area of the city.

Serving the church as pastors have been Estil Schale 1943-46, Orlando Harms 1946-53, George A. Vogt 1954-56, and Victor E. Becker, the pastor in 1958.

[edit] Additional Information

Address: 8000 W 21st Street, Wichita KS 67205

Phone: 316-722-5885

Website: First MB Church

Denominational Affiliations:

Southern District of Mennonite Brethren Churches

U. S. Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches

General Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches


Author(s) Orlando Harms
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Harms, Orlando. "Wichita First Mennonite Brethren Church (Wichita, Kansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 18 Apr 2015. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Wichita_First_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Wichita,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=116381.

APA style

Harms, Orlando. (1959). Wichita First Mennonite Brethren Church (Wichita, Kansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 April 2015, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Wichita_First_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Wichita,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=116381.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 940. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2015 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.