From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
 
Line 3: Line 3:
 
In 1985 there were 40 members; in 2000, 47. The congregation has been affiliated with [[Mennonite Church General Conference|Mennonite Church Manitoba]]. The language of worship is English; the transition from German occurred in 1967-77. Prior to 1982 Wingham was part of the Blumenorter church group.
 
In 1985 there were 40 members; in 2000, 47. The congregation has been affiliated with [[Mennonite Church General Conference|Mennonite Church Manitoba]]. The language of worship is English; the transition from German occurred in 1967-77. Prior to 1982 Wingham was part of the Blumenorter church group.
  
The congregation's address R.R.1, Box 255, Elm Creek, MB, R0G 0N0. (204) 436-2521. Located 5 miles west of Elm Creek on Hwy 2 and 5 miles north. Pastor Martin Sawatzky served in 2000 as a congregational leader.  
+
The congregation's address R.R.1, Box 255, Elm Creek, MB, R0G 0N0. (204) 436-2521. Located 5 miles west of Elm Creek on Hwy 2 and 5 miles north. Pastor Martin Sawatzky served in 2000 as a congregational leader.
 
+
 
+
 
+
 
+
 
= Bibliography =
 
= Bibliography =
 
<em class="gameo_bibliography">Mennonite Reporter</em> (7 February 1983): 13.
 
<em class="gameo_bibliography">Mennonite Reporter</em> (7 February 1983): 13.
Line 14: Line 10:
  
 
Zacharias, Peter D. <em class="gameo_bibliography">Footprints of a Pilgrim People: Story of Blumenort Mennonite Church.</em> Gretna, MB: Blumenort Mennonite Church, 1985, 291 pp.
 
Zacharias, Peter D. <em class="gameo_bibliography">Footprints of a Pilgrim People: Story of Blumenort Mennonite Church.</em> Gretna, MB: Blumenort Mennonite Church, 1985, 291 pp.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=January 1989|a1_last=Epp|a1_first=Marlene|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=January 1989|a1_last=Epp|a1_first=Marlene|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Latest revision as of 19:05, 20 August 2013

The Wingham Mennonite congregation in Elm Creek, MB began services about 1930, and formally organized in 1938. The first building was occupied in 1939, with a subsequent building program in 1961. Cornelius Rempel is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through immigration from the Soviet Union.

In 1985 there were 40 members; in 2000, 47. The congregation has been affiliated with Mennonite Church Manitoba. The language of worship is English; the transition from German occurred in 1967-77. Prior to 1982 Wingham was part of the Blumenorter church group.

The congregation's address R.R.1, Box 255, Elm Creek, MB, R0G 0N0. (204) 436-2521. Located 5 miles west of Elm Creek on Hwy 2 and 5 miles north. Pastor Martin Sawatzky served in 2000 as a congregational leader.

[edit] Bibliography

Mennonite Reporter (7 February 1983): 13.

Reflections: the First 50 years, Wingham Mennonite Church, 1933-1983. Elm Creek: Wingham Mennonite Church, 1983, 92 pp.

Zacharias, Peter D. Footprints of a Pilgrim People: Story of Blumenort Mennonite Church. Gretna, MB: Blumenort Mennonite Church, 1985, 291 pp.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published January 1989


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Wingham Mennonite Church (Elm Creek, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 1989. Web. 25 Apr 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Wingham_Mennonite_Church_(Elm_Creek,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=78851.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (January 1989). Wingham Mennonite Church (Elm Creek, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 April 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Wingham_Mennonite_Church_(Elm_Creek,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=78851.




©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.