Difference between revisions of "Women's Ministries (Evangelical Mennonite Brethren)"

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 1: Line 1:
The Evangelical Mennonite Brethren ([[Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches|Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches]]) Women’s Mission Society was established in 1943 as an auxiliary organization of the conference. A variety of programs were developed involving missionary and relief work centering in the local church women’s groups. Devotions and Bible studies were an important part of these meetings. At the annual meeting of the organization during conference time, special projects such as love offerings to a selected group of missionaries, were determined. The appearance at these annual meetings of missionaries on furlough offered opportunity for better understanding and appreciation of the missionary program. At the conference in 1986 the name of the society was changed to the Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Women's Ministries "to better portray all the different kinds of ministries our women are involved in."  
+
The Evangelical Mennonite Brethren ([[Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches|Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches]]) Women’s Mission Society was established in 1943 as an auxiliary organization of the conference. A variety of programs were developed involving missionary and relief work centering in the local church women’s groups. Devotions and Bible studies were an important part of these meetings. At the annual meeting of the organization during conference time, special projects such as love offerings to a selected group of missionaries, were determined. The appearance at these annual meetings of missionaries on furlough offered opportunity for better understanding and appreciation of the missionary program. At the conference in 1986 the name of the society was changed to the Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Women's Ministries "to better portray all the different kinds of ministries our women are involved in."
 
 
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 5, p. 935|date=1989|a1_last=Schultz|a1_first=Arnold C|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 5, p. 935|date=1989|a1_last=Schultz|a1_first=Arnold C|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Revision as of 19:05, 20 August 2013

The Evangelical Mennonite Brethren (Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches) Women’s Mission Society was established in 1943 as an auxiliary organization of the conference. A variety of programs were developed involving missionary and relief work centering in the local church women’s groups. Devotions and Bible studies were an important part of these meetings. At the annual meeting of the organization during conference time, special projects such as love offerings to a selected group of missionaries, were determined. The appearance at these annual meetings of missionaries on furlough offered opportunity for better understanding and appreciation of the missionary program. At the conference in 1986 the name of the society was changed to the Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Women's Ministries "to better portray all the different kinds of ministries our women are involved in."


Author(s) Arnold C Schultz
Date Published 1989


Cite This Article

MLA style

Schultz, Arnold C. "Women's Ministries (Evangelical Mennonite Brethren)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1989. Web. 19 Nov 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Women%27s_Ministries_(Evangelical_Mennonite_Brethren)&oldid=78872.

APA style

Schultz, Arnold C. (1989). Women's Ministries (Evangelical Mennonite Brethren). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 November 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Women%27s_Ministries_(Evangelical_Mennonite_Brethren)&oldid=78872.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 5, p. 935. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.