Woodland Mennonite Church (Basye, Virginia, USA)

Revision as of 19:38, 20 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (talk | contribs) (CSV import - 20130820)

Jump to: navigation, search

Woodland Mennonite Church (formerly Woodland Tabernacle) is a Mennonite (Mennonite Church) rural mission church 4 miles north of Orkney Springs, near Jerome, Shenandoah County, Virginia, founded in 1920 under the Vir­ginia Mennonite Conference. An inexpensive building was erected here in 1944 to care for the work that was formerly carried on at the Lindamood schoolhouse. The membership here is the outgrowth and rem­nant of the Powder Spring congregation, which was located several miles south of this place. The membership in 1958 was 22, with James E. Gross (1900-1963) in charge.

Additional Information

Address: 3715 Alum Springs Road, Basye VA 22810

Phone: 540-856-2432

Author(s) Timothy Showalter
Date Published 1959

Cite This Article

MLA style

Showalter, Timothy. "Woodland Mennonite Church (Basye, Virginia, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 23 Mar 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Woodland_Mennonite_Church_(Basye,_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=86233.

APA style

Showalter, Timothy. (1959). Woodland Mennonite Church (Basye, Virginia, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 March 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Woodland_Mennonite_Church_(Basye,_Virginia,_USA)&oldid=86233.


Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 977. All rights reserved.

©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.