From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

Woodland Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite), located in Warroad, Roseau County, Minnesota, a member of the Northern District, was organized on 3 March 1939, with 30 charter members, by families who had ar­rived a few years before. The meetinghouse was built in 1950, with a seating capacity of 150. In the late 1950s the members were mostly descendants of the 1874 ff. immigration from Russia. The pastor was Arthur F. Ortmann, who organized the church, and the membership was 86.


Author(s) Arthur F Ortmann
Date Published 1959


[edit] Cite This Article

MLA style

Ortmann, Arthur F. "Woodland Mennonite Church (Warroad, Minnesota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 10 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Woodland_Mennonite_Church_(Warroad,_Minnesota,_USA)&oldid=86234.

APA style

Ortmann, Arthur F. (1959). Woodland Mennonite Church (Warroad, Minnesota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 10 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Woodland_Mennonite_Church_(Warroad,_Minnesota,_USA)&oldid=86234.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 977. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.