From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130820)
(CSV import - 20130823)
Line 3: Line 3:
 
Harding. Source:  
 
Harding. Source:  
  
[http://www.mcusa-archives.org/mhb/Kehrberg-Atlanta.html Mennonite Historical Bulletin] Mennonite Historical Bulletin
+
[http://www.mcusa-archives.org/mhb/Kehrberg-Atlanta.html Mennonite Historical Bulletin]'']]    Woodlawn Mennonite Church ([[General Conference Mennonite Church (GCM)|General Conference Mennonite]]), Chicago, Illinois, located at 1143 East 46th Street, was organized as a congregation in 1951. It grew out of a Sunday school which had been operated several years before that by the staff and students of the [[Mennonite Biblical Seminary (Chicago, Illinois, USA) |Mennonite Biblical Seminary]]. J. N. Smucker came as the first pas­tor in 1952. It is a member of the [[Central District Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Central District Conference]]. It is an interracial church in an area of growing African American population. In 1959 it had 51 mem­bers, with [[Franz, Delton Willis (1932-2006)|Delton W. Franz]] (served 1955-1968) and Vincent G. Harding (served 1958-1961) serving as co-pastors.
 
+
'']]    Woodlawn Mennonite Church ([[General Conference Mennonite Church (GCM)|General Conference Mennonite]]), Chicago, Illinois, located at 1143 East 46th Street, was organized as a congregation in 1951. It grew out of a Sunday school which had been operated several years before that by the staff and students of the [[Mennonite Biblical Seminary (Chicago, Illinois, USA) |Mennonite Biblical Seminary]]. J. N. Smucker came as the first pas­tor in 1952. It is a member of the [[Central District Conference (Mennonite Church USA)|Central District Conference]]. It is an interracial church in an area of growing African American population. In 1959 it had 51 mem­bers, with [[Franz, Delton Willis (1932-2006)|Delton W. Franz]] (served 1955-1968) and Vincent G. Harding (served 1958-1961) serving as co-pastors.
+
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 977|date=1959|a1_last=Gingerich|a1_first=Melvin|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 977|date=1959|a1_last=Gingerich|a1_first=Melvin|a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Revision as of 14:54, 23 August 2013

Vincent and Rosemarie Harding. Source: Mennonite Historical Bulletin
Woodlawn Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite), Chicago, Illinois, located at 1143 East 46th Street, was organized as a congregation in 1951. It grew out of a Sunday school which had been operated several years before that by the staff and students of the Mennonite Biblical Seminary. J. N. Smucker came as the first pas­tor in 1952. It is a member of the Central District Conference. It is an interracial church in an area of growing African American population. In 1959 it had 51 mem­bers, with Delton W. Franz (served 1955-1968) and Vincent G. Harding (served 1958-1961) serving as co-pastors.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Woodlawn Mennonite Church (Chicago, Illinois, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 12 Jul 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Woodlawn_Mennonite_Church_(Chicago,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=96906.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1959). Woodlawn Mennonite Church (Chicago, Illinois, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 12 July 2014, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Woodlawn_Mennonite_Church_(Chicago,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=96906.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 977. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.


©1996-2014 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.