From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:56, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search
Vincent and Rosemarie Harding. Source: Mennonite Historical Bulletin Mennonite Historical Bulletin
Woodlawn Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite), Chicago, Illinois, located at 1143 East 46th Street, was organized as a congregation in 1951. It grew out of a Sunday school which had been operated several years before that by the staff and students of the Mennonite Biblical Seminary. J. N. Smucker came as the first pas­tor in 1952. It is a member of the Central District Conference. It is an interracial church in an area of growing African American population. In 1959 it had 51 mem­bers, with Delton W. Franz (served 1955-1968) and Vincent G. Harding (served 1958-1961) serving as co-pastors.



Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Woodlawn Mennonite Church (Chicago, Illinois, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 4 Dec 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Woodlawn_Mennonite_Church_(Chicago,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=69347.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1959). Woodlawn Mennonite Church (Chicago, Illinois, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 4 December 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Woodlawn_Mennonite_Church_(Chicago,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=69347.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 977. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.