Woodson County Mennonite Brethren Church (Woodson County, Kansas, USA)

From GAMEO
Revision as of 15:47, 30 November 2016 by SusanHuebert (talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search

Woodson County Mennonite Brethren Church, now extinct, was founded in 1876 by a number of Mennonite Brethren families who emigrated from the Chortitza settlement in Russia to America. In the fall of 1878 Bernard Pauls and David Dick were elected as ministers; they were ordained in 1881. Soon both moved away, and the church elected Cor­nelius Nickel and Peter Nickel as ministers. In  1888 the congregation had 52 members. Most, however, moved away in 1892, and the church was discontinued.


Author(s) M. A Kroeker
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Kroeker, M. A. "Woodson County Mennonite Brethren Church (Woodson County, Kansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 22 Nov 2017. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Woodson_County_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Woodson_County,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=141464.

APA style

Kroeker, M. A. (1959). Woodson County Mennonite Brethren Church (Woodson County, Kansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 November 2017, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Woodson_County_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Woodson_County,_Kansas,_USA)&oldid=141464.




Hpbuttns.gif

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 977. All rights reserved.


©1996-2017 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.