From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
Wooster Mennonite Church ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]), formerly known as the Wooster Mennonite Mission, located in the city of Wooster, [[Wayne County (Ohio, USA)|Wayne County]], Ohio, is a member of the [[Ohio and Eastern Mennonite Conference (MC)|Ohio and Eastern Mennonite Conference]]. It was started by the [[Salem Mennonite Church (Wooster, Ohio, USA)|Salem Mennonite Church]] of Wayne County as a mission with Rudy Stauffer as pastor, and was or­ganized in November 1944 under the Ohio Men­nonite Mission Board, with eight charter members. The congregation worshiped in a house on Gasche Street until 1951, became an independent congrega­tion, and built a new brick church in 1954 with a seating capacity of 300. The 144 members in 1959 represented ten denominational backgrounds, a mixed character of urban and rural. Paul Brunner was pas­tor.
 
Wooster Mennonite Church ([[Mennonite Church (MC)|Mennonite Church]]), formerly known as the Wooster Mennonite Mission, located in the city of Wooster, [[Wayne County (Ohio, USA)|Wayne County]], Ohio, is a member of the [[Ohio and Eastern Mennonite Conference (MC)|Ohio and Eastern Mennonite Conference]]. It was started by the [[Salem Mennonite Church (Wooster, Ohio, USA)|Salem Mennonite Church]] of Wayne County as a mission with Rudy Stauffer as pastor, and was or­ganized in November 1944 under the Ohio Men­nonite Mission Board, with eight charter members. The congregation worshiped in a house on Gasche Street until 1951, became an independent congrega­tion, and built a new brick church in 1954 with a seating capacity of 300. The 144 members in 1959 represented ten denominational backgrounds, a mixed character of urban and rural. Paul Brunner was pas­tor.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 978|date=1959|a1_last=Miller|a1_first=D. Walter|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 4, p. 978|date=1959|a1_last=Miller|a1_first=D. Walter|a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Revision as of 19:38, 20 August 2013

Wooster Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), formerly known as the Wooster Mennonite Mission, located in the city of Wooster, Wayne County, Ohio, is a member of the Ohio and Eastern Mennonite Conference. It was started by the Salem Mennonite Church of Wayne County as a mission with Rudy Stauffer as pastor, and was or­ganized in November 1944 under the Ohio Men­nonite Mission Board, with eight charter members. The congregation worshiped in a house on Gasche Street until 1951, became an independent congrega­tion, and built a new brick church in 1954 with a seating capacity of 300. The 144 members in 1959 represented ten denominational backgrounds, a mixed character of urban and rural. Paul Brunner was pas­tor.


Author(s) D. Walter Miller
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Miller, D. Walter. "Wooster Mennonite Church (Wooster, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 10 Dec 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Wooster_Mennonite_Church_(Wooster,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=86242.

APA style

Miller, D. Walter. (1959). Wooster Mennonite Church (Wooster, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 10 December 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Wooster_Mennonite_Church_(Wooster,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=86242.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 978. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.