From GAMEO
Revision as of 19:56, 16 August 2013 by GameoAdmin (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Jump to: navigation, search

Wooster Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), formerly known as the Wooster Mennonite Mission, located in the city of Wooster, Wayne County, Ohio, is a member of the Ohio and Eastern Mennonite Conference. It was started by the Salem Mennonite Church of Wayne County as a mission with Rudy Stauffer as pastor, and was or­ganized in November 1944 under the Ohio Men­nonite Mission Board, with eight charter members. The congregation worshiped in a house on Gasche Street until 1951, became an independent congrega­tion, and built a new brick church in 1954 with a seating capacity of 300. The 144 members in 1959 represented ten denominational backgrounds, a mixed character of urban and rural. Paul Brunner was pas­tor.



Author(s) D. Walter Miller
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Miller, D. Walter. "Wooster Mennonite Church (Wooster, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 23 Jul 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Wooster_Mennonite_Church_(Wooster,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=69352.

APA style

Miller, D. Walter. (1959). Wooster Mennonite Church (Wooster, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 July 2016, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Wooster_Mennonite_Church_(Wooster,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=69352.




Hpbuttns.gif
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Kitchener, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 978. All rights reserved.


©1996-2016 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.