Agassiz Mennonite Church (Agassiz, British Columbia, Canada)

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search

After World War II, a number of newly arrived Mennonite families from Prussia settled in Agassiz. They found it difficult to participate actively in churches south of the Fraser River, and established their own congregation on 13 December 1953. When the Agassiz-Rosedale bridge was completed in 1956, the congregation was dissolved and most of its members joined the East Chilliwack (now Eden) Mennonite Church.

Bibliography

Lehn, Cornelia. Frontier Challenge: A Story of the Conference of Mennonites in B.C. [Clearbrook, B. C.: The Conference], 1990: 92.


Author(s) Richard D Thiessen
Date Published February 2016


Cite This Article

MLA style

Thiessen, Richard D. "Agassiz Mennonite Church (Agassiz, British Columbia, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 2016. Web. 21 May 2019. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Agassiz_Mennonite_Church_(Agassiz,_British_Columbia,_Canada)&oldid=133710.

APA style

Thiessen, Richard D. (February 2016). Agassiz Mennonite Church (Agassiz, British Columbia, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 May 2019, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Agassiz_Mennonite_Church_(Agassiz,_British_Columbia,_Canada)&oldid=133710.




©1996-2019 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.