Difference between revisions of "Central Mennonite Church (Elida, Ohio, USA)"

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[unchecked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 2: Line 2:
  
 
The congregation closed about 1974.
 
The congregation closed about 1974.
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 1, p. 542|date=1953|a1_last=Umble|a1_first=John S|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 1, p. 542|date=1953|a1_last=Umble|a1_first=John S|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Revision as of 19:40, 20 August 2013

The Central Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located in Elida, Allen County, Ohio, was organized in December 1925 by a group excommunicated in 1924 from the Salem-Pike congregation and joined later by the Sunday-school superintendents, Ruda R. Brenneman and Menno L. Troyer, and one of the ministers, Andrew Brenneman. After the group requested and was granted by the Ohio Mennonite and Eastern A.M. Conference permission to organize a separate congregation, they purchased a vacant church building in Elida. Ordinations: M. L. Troyer, deacon 1927, minister 1940, bishop 1950; Timothy H. Brenneman, minister 1938, appointed missionary to Argentina. The membership in 1953 stood at 99, with Andrew Brenneman and Menno L. Troyer as ministers.

The congregation closed about 1974.


Author(s) John S Umble
Date Published 1953


Cite This Article

MLA style

Umble, John S. "Central Mennonite Church (Elida, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 16 Aug 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Central_Mennonite_Church_(Elida,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=86617.

APA style

Umble, John S. (1953). Central Mennonite Church (Elida, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 16 August 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Central_Mennonite_Church_(Elida,_Ohio,_USA)&oldid=86617.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 542. All rights reserved.


©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.