Coldsprings Mennonite Church (Mancelona, Michigan, USA)
Coldsprings Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), Mancelona, Antrim County, Michigan, was organized in 1948 as a mission of Fairview Mennonite Church. In 1952, the congregation constructed a church building on the corner of Twin Lake Rd. and County Rd. 571 and, in 1981, the building was enlarged.
Willard L. Bontrager was ordained to ministry on 29 February 1949, and served the congregation as pastor for 45 years, retiring in 1994. Dewey Miller then served as pastor for one year and Brent Bontrager became pastor in 1996. In 1960, the congregation had 22 members. Regular attendance stood at around 50 in 1990.
In 1998 the congregation changed its name to Coldsprings Christian Fellowship. On 9 July 2010, the congregation officially withdrew from the Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference and joined Partners in Harvest, a worldwide fellowship of churches and ministries. As of 2018, the congregation was located in nearby Kalkaska, Kalkaska County, Michigan.
"Who We Are." 2018. Web. 20 December 2018. https://www.coldspringscf.com/who-we-are/.
Address: 532 South Cedar Street, Kalkaska, MI 49646
Website Coldsprings Christian Fellowship
Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference (1948-2010)
Mennonite Church USA (1948-2010)
Partners in Harvest (2010-present)
Coldsprings Mennonite Church Pastoral Leaders
|Minister||Years of Service|
|Willard L. Bontrager||1949-1994|
|Author(s)||Jason B Kauffman|
|Date Published||December 2018|
Cite This Article
Kauffman, Jason B. "Coldsprings Mennonite Church (Mancelona, Michigan, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. December 2018. Web. 19 Mar 2019. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Coldsprings_Mennonite_Church_(Mancelona,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=162849.
Kauffman, Jason B. (December 2018). Coldsprings Mennonite Church (Mancelona, Michigan, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 March 2019, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Coldsprings_Mennonite_Church_(Mancelona,_Michigan,_USA)&oldid=162849.
©1996-2019 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.