Dominion City Hutterite Colony (Dominion City, Manitoba, Canada)

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Dominion City Hutterite Colony in Dominion City, Manitoba, was founded in 1893 as a division from the Wolf Creek (South Dakota) Hutterite Colony. The Dominion City Hutterite Colony was a Dariusleut colony. After 1905 the Dominion City Hutterite Colony moved back to South Dakota to form two separate colonies. They were the Beadle Hutterite Colony (Beadle County, South Dakota, USA); and the Spink Hutterite Colony (Frankfort, South Dakota, USA). In 1918 the both colonies moved to Alberta. The Beadle Hutterite Colony formed two colonies: West Raley Hutterite Colony (Raley, Alberta, Canada); and the Raley Hutterite Colony (Raley, Alberta, Canada). The Spink Hutterite Colony formed the Standoff Hutterite Colony (Fort MacLeod, Alberta, Canada).


Author(s) Bert Friesen
Date Published November 2019


Cite This Article

MLA style

Friesen, Bert. "Dominion City Hutterite Colony (Dominion City, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. November 2019. Web. 6 Dec 2019. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Dominion_City_Hutterite_Colony_(Dominion_City,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=166103.

APA style

Friesen, Bert. (November 2019). Dominion City Hutterite Colony (Dominion City, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 6 December 2019, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Dominion_City_Hutterite_Colony_(Dominion_City,_Manitoba,_Canada)&oldid=166103.




©1996-2019 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.