Difference between revisions of "Fairview Mennonite Church (Kalona, Iowa, USA)"

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[checked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130820)
m (Added image and categories.)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
__FORCETOC__
 
__FORCETOC__
 
__TOC__
 
__TOC__
 +
[[File:FairviewMennoniteChurchKalona1947.jpg|400px|thumbnail|''Fairview Mennonite Church in Kalona, Iowa in 1947.<br />
 +
Source: Mennonite Community Photograph Collection, The Congregation (HM4-134 Box 1 photo 011.1-1).<br />
 +
[https://www.flickr.com/photos/mennonitechurchusa-archives/5390048441/in/set-72157625807953784/ Mennonite Church USA Archives, Goshen, Indiana]''.]]
 
The Fairview Mennonite Church (formerly Fairview Conservative Amish Mennonite) was originally a part of the [[Upper Deer Creek Mennonite Church (Wellman, Iowa, USA)|Upper Deer Creek]]-Fairview congregation, located four miles (6.5 km) north and two miles (3.3 km) east of [[Kalona (Iowa, USA)|Kalona]], [[Iowa (USA)|Iowa]]. To serve members living in this area a meetinghouse 42 x 60 ft. was built in 1936. Ministers who served this congregation included Elmer G. Swartzendruber, bishop; Albert S. Miller, Jacob J. Miller, and Morris Swartzendruber, ministers; and Noah S. Miller, deacon. The 1954 membership of the congregation was 470.
 
The Fairview Mennonite Church (formerly Fairview Conservative Amish Mennonite) was originally a part of the [[Upper Deer Creek Mennonite Church (Wellman, Iowa, USA)|Upper Deer Creek]]-Fairview congregation, located four miles (6.5 km) north and two miles (3.3 km) east of [[Kalona (Iowa, USA)|Kalona]], [[Iowa (USA)|Iowa]]. To serve members living in this area a meetinghouse 42 x 60 ft. was built in 1936. Ministers who served this congregation included Elmer G. Swartzendruber, bishop; Albert S. Miller, Jacob J. Miller, and Morris Swartzendruber, ministers; and Noah S. Miller, deacon. The 1954 membership of the congregation was 470.
  
Line 15: Line 18:
 
[http://www.cmcrosedale.org/ Conservative Mennonite Conference]
 
[http://www.cmcrosedale.org/ Conservative Mennonite Conference]
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, p. 290|date=2008|a1_last=Swartzendruber|a1_first=Elmer G|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, p. 290|date=2008|a1_last=Swartzendruber|a1_first=Elmer G|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 +
[[Category:Churches]]
 +
[[Category:Conservative Mennonite Conference Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Iowa Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:United States Congregations]]

Revision as of 06:49, 29 March 2014

Fairview Mennonite Church in Kalona, Iowa in 1947.
Source: Mennonite Community Photograph Collection, The Congregation (HM4-134 Box 1 photo 011.1-1).
Mennonite Church USA Archives, Goshen, Indiana
.

The Fairview Mennonite Church (formerly Fairview Conservative Amish Mennonite) was originally a part of the Upper Deer Creek-Fairview congregation, located four miles (6.5 km) north and two miles (3.3 km) east of Kalona, Iowa. To serve members living in this area a meetinghouse 42 x 60 ft. was built in 1936. Ministers who served this congregation included Elmer G. Swartzendruber, bishop; Albert S. Miller, Jacob J. Miller, and Morris Swartzendruber, ministers; and Noah S. Miller, deacon. The 1954 membership of the congregation was 470.

In 2008 the membership was 179; the pastor was John Hershberger.

See also Upper Deer Creek.

Additional Information

Address: 5710 Highway 1 SW, Kalona, Iowa

Phone: 319-656-3297

Denominational Affiliation:

Conservative Mennonite Conference


Author(s) Elmer G Swartzendruber
Date Published 2008


Cite This Article

MLA style

Swartzendruber, Elmer G. "Fairview Mennonite Church (Kalona, Iowa, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 2008. Web. 14 Aug 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Fairview_Mennonite_Church_(Kalona,_Iowa,_USA)&oldid=116858.

APA style

Swartzendruber, Elmer G. (2008). Fairview Mennonite Church (Kalona, Iowa, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 14 August 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Fairview_Mennonite_Church_(Kalona,_Iowa,_USA)&oldid=116858.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 290. All rights reserved.


©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.