First Mennonite Church (Wilmington, Delaware, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Wilmington First Mennonite Church (Conservative (Amish) Mennonite), Wilmington, Delaware, had its beginnings in the Wilmington Mission (1948-1958) but was organized as a separate congregation in 1958, with a membership of 22. It was associated with the Central Conservative Mennonite Church near Dover and the Laws Conservative Mennonite Church near Harrington, the combined membership of the three in 1959 being 298. Amos Bontrager was the pastor.

Later it served Spanish-speaking worshipers, under sponsorship of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference (MC). It was closed and the property sold in 1987.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Samuel J. Steiner
Date Published 2009


Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin and Samuel J. Steiner. "First Mennonite Church (Wilmington, Delaware, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 2009. Web. 15 Nov 2019. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=First_Mennonite_Church_(Wilmington,_Delaware,_USA)&oldid=165625.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin and Samuel J. Steiner. (2009). First Mennonite Church (Wilmington, Delaware, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 15 November 2019, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=First_Mennonite_Church_(Wilmington,_Delaware,_USA)&oldid=165625.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1137. All rights reserved.


©1996-2019 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.