Difference between revisions of "Hutterthal Mennonite Church (Freeman, South Dakota, USA)"

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search
[unchecked revision][unchecked revision]
(CSV import - 20130816)
 
(CSV import - 20130820)
Line 1: Line 1:
 
The Hutterthal Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located in [[Hutchinson County (South Dakota, USA)|Hutchinson County]], [[South Dakota (USA)|South Dakota]], a member of the [[Northern District Conference (General Conference Mennonite Church)|Northern District Conference]] (now Central Plains), was organized in 1877 by non-communal [[Hutterian Brethren (Hutterische Brüder)|Hutterites]] under the leadership of John L. Wipf. The first meetinghouse was used from 1877 until 1899, when a new church was built, which was replaced by a modern brick structure in 1953. John P. Hofer, P. P. Tschetter, and Jacob B. Hofer have served as ministers. The 1954 membership was 220, largely rural. In 2008 the membership was 200; the pastor was Todd Alan Jones.
 
The Hutterthal Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located in [[Hutchinson County (South Dakota, USA)|Hutchinson County]], [[South Dakota (USA)|South Dakota]], a member of the [[Northern District Conference (General Conference Mennonite Church)|Northern District Conference]] (now Central Plains), was organized in 1877 by non-communal [[Hutterian Brethren (Hutterische Brüder)|Hutterites]] under the leadership of John L. Wipf. The first meetinghouse was used from 1877 until 1899, when a new church was built, which was replaced by a modern brick structure in 1953. John P. Hofer, P. P. Tschetter, and Jacob B. Hofer have served as ministers. The 1954 membership was 220, largely rural. In 2008 the membership was 200; the pastor was Todd Alan Jones.
 
 
 
= Additional Information =
 
= Additional Information =
 
Address: 27473 437th Avenue, Freeman, South Dakota
 
Address: 27473 437th Avenue, Freeman, South Dakota
Line 12: Line 10:
  
 
[http://www.mennoniteusa.org/ Mennonite Church USA]
 
[http://www.mennoniteusa.org/ Mennonite Church USA]
 
 
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, p. 867|date=1956|a1_last=Unruh|a1_first=John D|a2_last=|a2_first=}}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 2, p. 867|date=1956|a1_last=Unruh|a1_first=John D|a2_last=|a2_first=}}

Revision as of 19:19, 20 August 2013

The Hutterthal Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located in Hutchinson County, South Dakota, a member of the Northern District Conference (now Central Plains), was organized in 1877 by non-communal Hutterites under the leadership of John L. Wipf. The first meetinghouse was used from 1877 until 1899, when a new church was built, which was replaced by a modern brick structure in 1953. John P. Hofer, P. P. Tschetter, and Jacob B. Hofer have served as ministers. The 1954 membership was 220, largely rural. In 2008 the membership was 200; the pastor was Todd Alan Jones.

Additional Information

Address: 27473 437th Avenue, Freeman, South Dakota

Phone: 605-925-7286

Denominational Affiliations:

Central Plains Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church USA


Author(s) John D Unruh
Date Published 1956


Cite This Article

MLA style

Unruh, John D. "Hutterthal Mennonite Church (Freeman, South Dakota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 10 Dec 2019. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hutterthal_Mennonite_Church_(Freeman,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=82347.

APA style

Unruh, John D. (1956). Hutterthal Mennonite Church (Freeman, South Dakota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 10 December 2019, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Hutterthal_Mennonite_Church_(Freeman,_South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=82347.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 867. All rights reserved.


©1996-2019 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.