Difference between revisions of "Laidlaw Gospel Chapel (Laidlaw, British Columbia, Canada)"

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search
[checked revision][checked revision]
m (Rearranged article and added categories.)
m (Added 1951 information.)
Line 1: Line 1:
Laidlaw Gospel Chapel in Chilliwack, British Columbia began services in 1945. The congregation originated through outreach by the [[West Coast Children’s Mission of British Columbia|West Coast Children's Mission]] and the [[Central Community Church (Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada)|East Chilliwack Mennonite Brethren Church]].
+
Laidlaw Gospel Chapel in Chilliwack, British Columbia began services in 1945. The congregation originated through outreach by the [[West Coast Children’s Mission of British Columbia|West Coast Children's Mission]] and the [[Central Community Church (Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada)|East Chilliwack Mennonite Brethren Church]]. Jake Friesen and Art Isaac both worked with the mission.  
  
Jake Friesen and Art Isaac both worked with the mission. In 1960 six Sunday school rooms were added to the chapel and dedicated on 31 January 1960. The congregation has since dissolved. It had been affiliated with [[British Columbia Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches|British Columbia Conference of the Mennonite Brethren Churches]].
+
In 1951 a hall was constructed for the outreach and dedicated on 2 December 1951. In 1960 six Sunday school rooms were added to the chapel and dedicated on 31 January 1960. The congregation has since dissolved. It had been affiliated with [[British Columbia Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches|British Columbia Conference of the Mennonite Brethren Churches]].
 
= Bibliography =
 
= Bibliography =
 +
"East Chilliwack" Young People Dedicate New Laidlaw Hall." ''Chilliwack Progress'' (5 December 1951): 10.
 +
 
<em class="gameo_bibliography">Mennonite Observer </em>(12 February 1960): 4.
 
<em class="gameo_bibliography">Mennonite Observer </em>(12 February 1960): 4.
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=March 1987|a1_last=Epp|a1_first=Marlene|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=|date=March 1987|a1_last=Epp|a1_first=Marlene|a2_last= |a2_first= }}

Revision as of 20:35, 8 November 2014

Laidlaw Gospel Chapel in Chilliwack, British Columbia began services in 1945. The congregation originated through outreach by the West Coast Children's Mission and the East Chilliwack Mennonite Brethren Church. Jake Friesen and Art Isaac both worked with the mission.

In 1951 a hall was constructed for the outreach and dedicated on 2 December 1951. In 1960 six Sunday school rooms were added to the chapel and dedicated on 31 January 1960. The congregation has since dissolved. It had been affiliated with British Columbia Conference of the Mennonite Brethren Churches.

Bibliography

"East Chilliwack" Young People Dedicate New Laidlaw Hall." Chilliwack Progress (5 December 1951): 10.

Mennonite Observer (12 February 1960): 4.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published March 1987


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Laidlaw Gospel Chapel (Laidlaw, British Columbia, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. March 1987. Web. 17 Jul 2019. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Laidlaw_Gospel_Chapel_(Laidlaw,_British_Columbia,_Canada)&oldid=126870.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (March 1987). Laidlaw Gospel Chapel (Laidlaw, British Columbia, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 17 July 2019, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Laidlaw_Gospel_Chapel_(Laidlaw,_British_Columbia,_Canada)&oldid=126870.




©1996-2019 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.