Difference between revisions of "Milford Mennonite Church (Milford, Nebraska, USA)"

From GAMEO
Jump to: navigation, search
[checked revision][checked revision]
(CSV import - 20130820)
m (Added image and categories.)
Line 1: Line 1:
Milford Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located in [[Milford (Seward County, Nebraska, USA)|Milford]], Seward County, Nebraska, a member of the [[Iowa-Nebraska Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church)|Iowa-Nebraska Mennonite Conference]] (now Central Plains Mennonite Conference), was organized on 19 November 1925, with 81 charter members, under the leadership of L. O. Schlegel, bishop, and William Schlegel, minister, as a schism from the East Fairview Mennonite Church. After a period of attempted affiliation with the [[General Conference Mennonite Church (GCM)|General Conference Mennonite Church]] the congregation returned and was received as a member of the Iowa-Nebraska Conference on 8 August 1938. The first meetinghouse, a frame structure, was erected in 1926, modernized and enlarged to a seating capacity of 400 in 1953. The 1956 membership was 205 with L. O. Schlegel as bishop and W. A. Eicher and Milton Troyer as ministers. On 3 June 1956 Milton Troyer was ordained bishop and L. O. Schlegel resigned from active service. In 2005 there were 145 members; Lewis W. Miller served as the pastor.
+
[[File:MilfordMennoniteChurch1946.jpg|400px|thumbnail|''Milford Mennonite Church in Milford, Nebraska in 1946.<br />
 +
Source: Mennonite Community Photograph Collection, The Congregation (HM4-134 Box 1 photo 012.2-1).<br />
 +
Mennonite Church USA Archives, Goshen, Indiana''.]]
 +
Milford Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located in [[Milford (Seward County, Nebraska, USA)|Milford]], Seward County, Nebraska, a member of the [[Iowa-Nebraska Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church)|Iowa-Nebraska Mennonite Conference]] (now Central Plains Mennonite Conference), was organized on 19 November 1925, with 81 charter members, under the leadership of L. O. Schlegel, bishop, and William Schlegel, minister, as a schism from the [[East Fairview Mennonite Church (Milford, Nebraska, USA)|East Fairview Mennonite Church]]. After a period of attempted affiliation with the [[General Conference Mennonite Church (GCM)|General Conference Mennonite Church]] the congregation returned and was received as a member of the Iowa-Nebraska Conference on 8 August 1938. The first meetinghouse, a frame structure, was erected in 1926, modernized and enlarged to a seating capacity of 400 in 1953.
 +
 
 +
The 1956 membership was 205 with L. O. Schlegel as bishop and W. A. Eicher and Milton Troyer as ministers. On 3 June 1956 Milton Troyer was ordained bishop and L. O. Schlegel resigned from active service.
 +
 
 +
In 2005 there were 145 members; Lewis W. Miller served as the pastor.
 +
= Additional Information =
 +
'''Address''': PO Box EE, Milford, NE 68405-0636
 +
 
 +
'''Location''': 920 3rd Street, Milford, Nebraska
 +
 
 +
'''Phone''': 402-761-2244
 +
 
 +
'''Denominational Affiliations''':
 +
 
 +
[[Iowa-Nebraska Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church)|Iowa-Nebraska Mennonite Conference]]
 +
 
 +
[http://www.centralplainsmc.org/ Central Plains Mennonite Conference]
 +
 
 +
[[Mennonite Church (MC)]]
 +
 
 +
[http://www.mennoniteusa.org/ Mennonite Church USA]
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 688|date=1957|a1_last=Schlegel|a1_first=L. O|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 
{{GAMEO_footer|hp=Vol. 3, p. 688|date=1957|a1_last=Schlegel|a1_first=L. O|a2_last= |a2_first= }}
 +
[[Category:Churches]]
 +
[[Category:Iowa-Nebraska Mennonite Conference Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Mennonite Church (MC) Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Central Plains Mennonite Conference Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Mennonite Church USA Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:Nebraska Congregations]]
 +
[[Category:United States Congregations]]

Revision as of 08:19, 29 March 2014

Milford Mennonite Church in Milford, Nebraska in 1946.
Source: Mennonite Community Photograph Collection, The Congregation (HM4-134 Box 1 photo 012.2-1).
Mennonite Church USA Archives, Goshen, Indiana
.

Milford Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located in Milford, Seward County, Nebraska, a member of the Iowa-Nebraska Mennonite Conference (now Central Plains Mennonite Conference), was organized on 19 November 1925, with 81 charter members, under the leadership of L. O. Schlegel, bishop, and William Schlegel, minister, as a schism from the East Fairview Mennonite Church. After a period of attempted affiliation with the General Conference Mennonite Church the congregation returned and was received as a member of the Iowa-Nebraska Conference on 8 August 1938. The first meetinghouse, a frame structure, was erected in 1926, modernized and enlarged to a seating capacity of 400 in 1953.

The 1956 membership was 205 with L. O. Schlegel as bishop and W. A. Eicher and Milton Troyer as ministers. On 3 June 1956 Milton Troyer was ordained bishop and L. O. Schlegel resigned from active service.

In 2005 there were 145 members; Lewis W. Miller served as the pastor.

Additional Information

Address: PO Box EE, Milford, NE 68405-0636

Location: 920 3rd Street, Milford, Nebraska

Phone: 402-761-2244

Denominational Affiliations:

Iowa-Nebraska Mennonite Conference

Central Plains Mennonite Conference

Mennonite Church (MC)

Mennonite Church USA


Author(s) L. O Schlegel
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Schlegel, L. O. "Milford Mennonite Church (Milford, Nebraska, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 17 Aug 2018. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Milford_Mennonite_Church_(Milford,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=116867.

APA style

Schlegel, L. O. (1957). Milford Mennonite Church (Milford, Nebraska, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 17 August 2018, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Milford_Mennonite_Church_(Milford,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=116867.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 688. All rights reserved.


©1996-2018 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.