North Danvers Mennonite Church (Danvers, Illinois, USA)

From GAMEO
Revision as of 20:53, 10 March 2019 by AlfRedekopp (talk | contribs) (Additional Information)

Jump to: navigation, search

The North Danvers Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located at 5517 East 1950 North Road, Danvers, McLean County, Illinois, a member of what was once the Central District Conference, had its origins in the Yoder Amish Mennonite Church and was organized in 1871 with a ministry composed of Bishop Joseph Stuckey, John Strubhar, John Stahly, Christian Imhoff, Joseph Stalter, Michael Miller, and Jacob Miller, who represented the three orders of the Amish ministry: bishops, ministers, and deacons. The new church building was erected in 1872 and remodeled in 1917.

The membership in 1956 was 265, mostly rural.

Ministers have been Joash Stutzman, Peter Schantz, Joseph Clark, Joseph King, John Kohler, and Hugo J. Mierau. William B. Weaver was a long-time pastor, 1923-1952.

Bibliography

North Danvers Mennonite Church. "History" Accessed 10 March 2019. https://www.northdanverschurch.org/history.

Additional Information

North Danvers Mennonite Church [https://www.northdanverschurch.org/ website]


Author(s) Hugo J Mierau
Date Published 1957


Cite This Article

MLA style

Mierau, Hugo J. "North Danvers Mennonite Church (Danvers, Illinois, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 20 Jun 2019. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=North_Danvers_Mennonite_Church_(Danvers,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=163531.

APA style

Mierau, Hugo J. (1957). North Danvers Mennonite Church (Danvers, Illinois, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 June 2019, from http://gameo.org/index.php?title=North_Danvers_Mennonite_Church_(Danvers,_Illinois,_USA)&oldid=163531.




©1996-2019 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.