Oldelm Hutterite Colony (South Dakota, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search

The Oldelm Hutterite Colony Hutterite Colony in South Dakota, USA, was founded in 1877 as a division from the Johannesruh Hutterite Colony (Zaporizhia Oblast, Ukraine), when this group moved to the United States. It is the original Lehrerleut colony in South Dakota. In 1929 the colony ceased to exist.

Daughter colonies of the Oldelm Hutterite Colony include: New Elm Spring Hutterite Colony (Ethan, South Dakota, USA); Rockport Hutterite Colony (Alexandria, South Dakota, USA); Milford Hutterite Colony (Milford, South Dakota, USA); and Old Elm Spring Hutterite Colony (Magrath, Alberta, Canada); and Elm Spring Hutterite Colony (Warner, Alberta, Canada).

Location

South Dakota, USA


Author(s) Bert Friesen
Date Published November 2017


Cite This Article

MLA style

Friesen, Bert. "Oldelm Hutterite Colony (South Dakota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. November 2017. Web. 20 Nov 2019. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Oldelm_Hutterite_Colony_(South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=164576.

APA style

Friesen, Bert. (November 2017). Oldelm Hutterite Colony (South Dakota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 November 2019, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Oldelm_Hutterite_Colony_(South_Dakota,_USA)&oldid=164576.




©1996-2019 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.