Orthodox Mennonite Church (Wallenstein, Ontario, Canada)

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Orthodox Mennonite Meetinghouse, Wellesley Township, Ontario, 1991.
Photo by Sam Steiner

The Orthodox Mennonite congregation near Wallenstein, Ontario, began services and formally organized in 1957. The first building was occupied in 1962, with a subsequent building program in 1971. The congregation originated through division from the David Martin Old Order Mennonites over issues of doctrine.

Bishop Anson Hoover served in the 1970s as a non-salaried congregational leader. The congregation dissolved in 1987. It was affiliated with the Orthodox Mennonite Church. The language of worship was German.

The meetinghouse was located on the northwest corner of the intersection of Moser Young Road and Lawson Line.

Bibliography

Sherk, Emmanuel, Mrs. and Mrs. Anson Hoover. "The Origins of the Orthodox Mennonite Church at Wallenstein," 1975, 19 pp. Mennonite Archives of Ontario.


Author(s) Marlene Epp
Date Published April 1986


Cite This Article

MLA style

Epp, Marlene. "Orthodox Mennonite Church (Wallenstein, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 1986. Web. 17 Jul 2019. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Orthodox_Mennonite_Church_(Wallenstein,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=163735.

APA style

Epp, Marlene. (April 1986). Orthodox Mennonite Church (Wallenstein, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 17 July 2019, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Orthodox_Mennonite_Church_(Wallenstein,_Ontario,_Canada)&oldid=163735.




©1996-2019 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.