Petersdorf (Yazykovo Mennonite Settlement, Zaporizhia Oblast, Ukraine)

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Petersdorf, a village in the Nikolaipol district of the province of Ekaterinoslav (now Dnipropetrovsk), founded about 1833, was the seat of a Mennonite Brethren Church congregation, which was a subsidiary of the Einlage congregation. Petersdorf was later called Petershivka or Nadeshdovka. About 35 years later the Mennonite settlement of Yazykovo was established in the same district.

Bibliography

Friesen, Peter M. Die Alt-Evangelische Mennonitische Brüderschaft in Russland (1789-1910) im Rahmen der mennonitischen Gesamtgeschichte. Halbstadt: Verlagsgesellschaft "Raduga", 1911: 701,721.

Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon, 4 vols. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe: Schneider, 1913-1967: v. III, 353.


Author(s) Ernst Crous
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Crous, Ernst. "Petersdorf (Yazykovo Mennonite Settlement, Zaporizhia Oblast, Ukraine)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 21 Jul 2019. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Petersdorf_(Yazykovo_Mennonite_Settlement,_Zaporizhia_Oblast,_Ukraine)&oldid=162383.

APA style

Crous, Ernst. (1959). Petersdorf (Yazykovo Mennonite Settlement, Zaporizhia Oblast, Ukraine). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 July 2019, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Petersdorf_(Yazykovo_Mennonite_Settlement,_Zaporizhia_Oblast,_Ukraine)&oldid=162383.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, pp. 154-155. All rights reserved.


©1996-2019 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.