Pleasant Hill Amish Mennonite (O'Neill, Nebraska, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Pleasant Hill Amish Mennonite (Mennonite Church) Church, now extinct, located near O'Neill, Nebraska, was listed in the Mennonite Family Almanac in 1892 for the first time under the name "Slocum," which was used interchangeably with "Holt" until 1922 when it was listed as the Pleasant Hill congregation, with 23 members. It was last listed in 1944, with one mem­ber. In 1905 it had had 40 members with Christian Ernst as minister. It reached its highest member­ship, 51, around 1916.


Author(s) Melvin Gingerich
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Gingerich, Melvin. "Pleasant Hill Amish Mennonite (O'Neill, Nebraska, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 21 Jul 2019. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pleasant_Hill_Amish_Mennonite_(O%27Neill,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=117004.

APA style

Gingerich, Melvin. (1959). Pleasant Hill Amish Mennonite (O'Neill, Nebraska, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 July 2019, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Pleasant_Hill_Amish_Mennonite_(O%27Neill,_Nebraska,_USA)&oldid=117004.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 190. All rights reserved.


©1996-2019 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.