Premont Mennonite Brethren Church (Premont, Texas, USA)

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Premont Mennonite Brethren (MB) Church, located in Premont, Jim Wells County, southern Texas, had its begin­ning in settlement of a number of MB families in 1927. On 3 November 1929, this group organized as a local church and at a subsequent meeting elected Elder H. H. Flaming as leader and pastor. Meet­ings were at first held in homes and in other build­ings. In 1935 the congregation purchased some land and built its own church. Elder H. H. Flaming was followed by J. P. Kliewer 1941-1947, John W. Duerksen 1947-1952, Lewis H. Boese 1953-1956 and 1958-     , Ruben Wedel 1956-58. In 1958 the membership was 53. By the late 1950s the church had a parsonage and Sunday-school annex.


Author(s) John W Duerksen
Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

Duerksen, John W. "Premont Mennonite Brethren Church (Premont, Texas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 13 Dec 2019. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Premont_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Premont,_Texas,_USA)&oldid=84176.

APA style

Duerksen, John W. (1959). Premont Mennonite Brethren Church (Premont, Texas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 13 December 2019, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Premont_Mennonite_Brethren_Church_(Premont,_Texas,_USA)&oldid=84176.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, pp. 214-215. All rights reserved.


©1996-2019 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.