Selowitz (Středočeský kraj, Czech Republic)

From GAMEO
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Selowitz, a village in what was formerly Moravia (now in the Central Bohemian Region [Středočeský kraj] of the Czech Republic) in which the Hutterian Brethren built a Bruderhof, which they abandoned in 1583 to move to nearby Nusslau, where the landowners promised them greater liberty in cultivating wine and hops. In Selowitz they occupied what is now house No. 37.

Bibliography

Zieglschmid, A. J. F. Die älteste Chronik der Hutterischen Brüder: Ein Sprachdenkmal aus frühneuhochdeutscher Zeit. Ithaca: Cayuga Press, 1943.


Date Published 1959


Cite This Article

MLA style

, . "Selowitz (Středočeský kraj, Czech Republic)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 10 Jul 2020. https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Selowitz_(St%C5%99edo%C4%8Desk%C3%BD_kraj,_Czech_Republic)&oldid=104369.

APA style

, . (1959). Selowitz (Středočeský kraj, Czech Republic). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 10 July 2020, from https://gameo.org/index.php?title=Selowitz_(St%C5%99edo%C4%8Desk%C3%BD_kraj,_Czech_Republic)&oldid=104369.




Hpbuttns.png

Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 498. All rights reserved.


©1996-2020 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.